The last poster wins

TheCalliton

For some reason I just watched all four of the Harry Potter movies..... What? There's eight? No way. HAHAHAH! You're pulling my leg. How could those mismanaged mis-directed train wrecks continue? They had to? Why? Because there are seven books? So? I'll admit Daniel Radcliff isn't terrible as Harry, sure and Emma Watson has that kind of appeal as Hermione that makes me uncomfortable with myself and many of the other minor characters are well done such as Hagar the Horrible and that horrible woman, Snake. White Bumblebee however, is terrible after the second one when the first guy died and then this other old guy is all LIKE, "I'm dumbly door. What? I don't need to make any effort to make the character like the previous guy. Screw you muggles!" And then the sparkly vampire guy from that mormon young adult fiction abortion is a character that I remember liking when I was a wee lad and reading the fourth book. I'm starting to think either the movies should have been made as miniseries on HBO to get all the content in or they just shouldn't have been made at all by the guy who wrote Goonies. AND WTF is up with John Williams reusing his scores from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with the 'Harry Potter Theme' shoved in the middle of all the songs? WHY IS EMMA WATSON SO DAMN SEXY? Is it because I dig smart chicks and her years of playing Hermione have tricked me into thinking she's a genius. Yes, that must be it.

In summary I feel sorry for Rupert Grint. If he's still alive in five years, color me surprised. I mean seriously, it's not bad enough that he has red hair, he's lacking that awkward charm that he desperately needs to offset his homely looks and he's a bland, vacant actor to boot.... too boot... two boot.... whatever. I'm using my crystal ball to see sleeping pills in his future if not a horrific car/moped crash before then. I have no hatred for him, I'm just calling it as I see it. At least he's not that poor shmo who played Seamus Finnigan. He'll be a banker or a janitor in five years.

I'm tired, if you can't tell. Babysitting a couple of tweenage cousins who only want to watch terribly mediocre movies instead of reading (only mostly) mediocre books will do that to you. They have no respect for film critique or fine literature.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, now that was a good movie/novelization.

Is Keanu Reeves still alive?

By the way, I really like how if you put any actor's name into google the second or third suggestion is always [actor's name] gay, and every actress has [actress' name] topless or [actress' name] nude as their fifth. sixth, or eighth suggestion. (Never seventh, strangely)

Oh I've done it again, I've confused this for a blog. Well, IF YOU've read this entire thing, my sympathies and grief councilors will be made available to you at the local school. Here have a jelly bean. I think I'll have one too, ooh a toffee flavored one...... Alas earwax.

The films are pretty good, not as amazing as the books warranted, but then very few films are. I read all the books BEFORE watching the films and it was The Vampire Guy's performance in the Harry Potter film that got him the part of Edward in the Twilight sagas. I'm not gonna hold it against him, he's a decent actor and his career is going from strength to strength. Not so sure about the Bella woman tho, her character seemed to be sad and sadder, very little joy emanated from her at the best of times, even the love scenes, she looked like she'd just sucked a lemon.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make (and possibly failing horribly) is that most films that are made from books, never quite live up to our expectations. They can never put everything from the book into the film or it would be about 10 hours long (the Lord of the Rings being a case here also. It'll be interesting to see how they coped with the Hobbit...).

I'm an avid reader, or was until my breakdown, but I do, occasionally find a good book and read it from start to finish within 36 hours. Maybe I should consider getting e-books like kindle or the like. I'm writing myself as some of you may know so it may help with plot planning etc.

I do like your summation of the four films you watched and your descriptions, they were amusing as well as accurate in the most part. Rupert has actually made a couple of films since the Harry Potter franchise finished, and I can see his career developing gradually as he gets older. Daniel Radcliffe has already had some other major acting parts, two of whom where on the stage if I remember rightly. I think he may end up fizzling out by the time he's 30 but who knows, he may end up being the exception rather than the rule.

sounds suspiciously like Chuggington News International :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Bahahahahaha pandaland came out-compared to GW2 it just looks so silly. Have Blizstopped trying to sell to adult? Naomi-kristen stewart ALWAYS looks like she sucked a lemon, she has no alternative expressions.

On the flip side someone uploaded a bunch of WarHammer 40,000 fanart on the wiki today-some of it is just remarkable-the talent for painting and love for the universe some people have is juat awesome. In the early days, one critical skill WarHammer players all needed was a talent with a brush, for painting their game pieces-that's also meant that a lot of the fanart is very high grade, for example, these.

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r535/Yurimarkov/1000px-Gothicw2.jpg

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r535/Yurimarkov/Sanguinius_by_slaine69.jpg

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r535/Yurimarkov/1000px-Damaris_by_phoenix.jpg

Edited by Vindekarr

The films are pretty good, not as amazing as the books warranted, but then very few films are. I read all the books BEFORE watching the films and it was The Vampire Guy's performance in the Harry Potter film that got him the part of Edward in the Twilight sagas. I'm not gonna hold it against him, he's a decent actor and his career is going from strength to strength. Not so sure about the Bella woman tho, her character seemed to be sad and sadder, very little joy emanated from her at the best of times, even the love scenes, she looked like she'd just sucked a lemon.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make (and possibly failing horribly) is that most films that are made from books, never quite live up to our expectations. They can never put everything from the book into the film or it would be about 10 hours long (the Lord of the Rings being a case here also. It'll be interesting to see how they coped with the Hobbit...).

I'm an avid reader, or was until my breakdown, but I do, occasionally find a good book and read it from start to finish within 36 hours. Maybe I should consider getting e-books like kindle or the like. I'm writing myself as some of you may know so it may help with plot planning etc.

I do like your summation of the four films you watched and your descriptions, they were amusing as well as accurate in the most part. Rupert has actually made a couple of films since the Harry Potter franchise finished, and I can see his career developing gradually as he gets older. Daniel Radcliffe has already had some other major acting parts, two of whom where on the stage if I remember rightly. I think he may end up fizzling out by the time he's 30 but who knows, he may end up being the exception rather than the rule.

MILADY! R-PATS IS A BLIGHT UNTO MANKIND! And I say this only having seen Harry Potter and the Drinky thingy of Enfuego, Twilight with riff tracks playing over it and the extended theatrical trailer for Water for Elephants. He irritates me to no end with his perpetual 'blue steel' face and dumb hair. (Obviously I prefer shirtless Native American Where? Wolves? Men that are wolves? Miaq has no time for such nonsense.)

BUT AT LEAST WE AGREE! Kirsten Stewart needs to be stopped at all costs. A full nuclear response, I think, would be appropriate. Russia, China and Iran stand ready to assist. (Shhh, don't tell Israel. the Ayatollah and Achmu-dinner-job realized the threat that K-Stew poses is more important than millenia old religious hatred)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think all books worth transferring into a visual medium should be made into miniseries on cable, I mean look at Game of Thrones. Each season is about ten to twelve hours and covers roughly one book of A Song of Ice and Fire without many important omissions. With how repetitive the HP Witchcraft movies get with their pacing they might as well have been separated into episodes within the 'years' so that they become familiar rather than irritating.

TV, better than books.

But ALAS I am to be tired in the morn' with visions of Emma Watson dancing in my head this night (as she is now at twenty-two, not when she was eleven through fifteen. C'mon I'm a creep, but even I'm not that creepy). I fear I may have had stirrings - not all the way to feelings - but stirrings. I hate having stirrings about people I only know through a screen.

NYQUIL is a helluva drug. :sick: