The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Whilst watching the news yesterday I was more than a little disturbed by the fact that Assassin's Creed III's release had been delayed by Superstorm Sandy and that people where complaining about it.

ย 

How can people put the release of a game before the safety and well-being of people hit by a disaster the likes of which hit the US yesterday. With 50 dead and god knows how many missing (the thought of street people who may not ever be accounted for and apparently there are over 48,000 across the States that are registered), it saddens me that we think more of our own pleasure than the misfortunes of others.

ย 

I think the developers are correct to stop the release as certain people can't get it and therefore it isn't fair for anyone to miss out. Then again maybe it is a selfish society we live in and we should just look out for ourselves and sod the little guy :(

Whilst watching the news yesterday I was more than a little disturbed by the fact that Assassin's Creed III's release had been delayed by Superstorm Sandy and that people where complaining about it.

ย 

How can people put the release of a game before the safety and well-being of people hit by a disaster the likes of which hit the US yesterday. With 50 dead and god knows how many missing (the thought of street people who may not ever be accounted for and apparently there are over 48,000 across the States that are registered), it saddens me that we think more of our own pleasure than the misfortunes of others.

ย 

I think the developers are correct to stop the release as certain people can't get it and therefore it isn't fair for anyone to miss out. Then again maybe it is a selfish society we live in and we should just look out for ourselves and sod the little guy :(

3 words - entitled spoiled babies :armscrossed:

ย 

ย 

3 words - entitled spoiled babies :armscrossed:

ย 

Agreed. It seems like there are more people who would place a game above the lives of others. Some people have even murdered for gaming systems. ='{ Yes society has dropped to that level.