The last poster wins

TheCalliton

that's why I like the psychological thrillers. The ones that make you think about what's gonna happen, what has happened and what could happen. Silence of the Lambs is good for that.

Blair witch did it for me when it came out - at that era I spent a lot of time camping with friends in the woods so it really impacted me.

Yeah, I watched that once and didn't like it at all. Some films can affect me without meaning to, and that's strange in itself.

The old films are the best even when you know when the frights are gonna bite ya. Still have the power to have me jumping out of my skin :D

ย 

The newer stuff these days seems to be gore, blood, and stabbing. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/confused.gif

I really enjoyed watching The Thing (1982). Sure, it looks terrible compared to today's standards, but the tension was built up properly. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

I watched the new The Thing (2011) which is supposed to be a prequel to The Thing (1982), it started out pretty great and went down hill rather rapidly although the end was amazing and actually lead into the older film. You need to watch it to see what I mean and it was brilliant, hammy in parts like I said, but the special FX were magic.

ย 

You should watch it and let me know what you think. It was on Sky, don't know if it still is. :D

Oh I don't know, the munchkins I've had at my door have been so cute. All dressed up as witches, vampires, zombies, even the ones in strollers :D

ย 

They were all so polite too which had me smiling :)