The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I hate The Old Republic.

That one single security question gave me so many problems and I still didn't fix it. I couldn't play the game with my boyfriend today and that's the only thing that makes the distance seem less distant :(

Oh dammit, I'll go to sleep and hope that a good day will come soon, it's been s*** ever since new year. Goodnight all.

Come play Guild Wars 2. It's free and it's only gotten more reliable since launch.

Come play Guild Wars 2. It's free and it's only gotten more reliable since launch.

I did, I even pre-ordered it and I was playing 5 days before official launch too.

But my boyfriend doesn't have GW2, so we can only play SWTOR since that's free. I jump in to GW2 from time to time, but it's no fun without him.

Free?! Do you mean the trial versions? I played SWTOR to nearly the cap (20 or 30?) but gave up because I couldn't access everything, made me feel like I didn't belong there :unsure: Edited by Ironman5000

Free?! Do you mean the trial versions? I played SWTOR to nearly the cap (20 or 30?) but gave up because I couldn't access everything, made me feel like I didn't belong there :unsure:

Free as in you buy it once and play it forever then. There's no trial version either.

Yeah, SWTOR feels like a gigantic advertisement.

"Oh you're not a subscriber yet? NO HEADSLOT HIDE FOR YOU BIT** SUBSCRIBE NOW, YOU WONT GET ALL THE XP SO SUBSCRIBE NOW AND WE'LL LIMIT YOUR CREDITS AND YOU CAN'T SPRINT EITHER, NOR CAN YOU GET A MOUNT HEY YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE THOUGH TO GET ALL OF THAT!!!"

Free?! Do you mean the trial versions? I played SWTOR to nearly the cap (20 or 30?) but gave up because I couldn't access everything, made me feel like I didn't belong there :unsure:

Free as in you buy it once and play it forever then. There's no trial version either.

I see...I have a trial version though.

Edited by Ironman5000

Guild Wars is better. It's got some snarkey messages on it's web pages saying "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SUBSCRIBE FOR PANDAS AND WORSE GRAPHICS?!!" And "Be happy, you don't have to pay us ANYTHING" There isn't even a full cash shop which is truly unusual. You can buy in game money for real money, but there's no reason to since gold is so easy to get the fun way, and completely uneccesary for progress. The cash-shop sells 3 skins nobody likes, some Boosters which actually don't boost you that much and can be gained from normal play anyway, and character recustomisation. The twist is not only is it non Pay To Win(mostly it sells back-issues of holiday gear) but you can buy it all with game money anyway.

The whole motto of GW2 feels like "you paid 60 bucks already, why the hell shouldn't you get a whole game?" which is a really refreshing change.