The last poster wins

TheCalliton

That's like... Well in US Dollars that's $344. PS3s here cost like... $250?

That's still a lot of money.

250$ is around 1500 Kn.

PS3 is 350-400$ around here which is 2000-2300 Kn because of our high taxes on imported goods (which are around 75% of taxes for a single item).

I don't know about salaries in US but in Croatia, salary of an average working person is 3000-4000 Kn which is 500-650$.

Me and my girlfriend have around 9000 Kn (1500$) when we combine what we make (3000 Kn mine, 6000 Kn her's).

Remove 1500 Kn of bills (electricity 800 Kn, water 250 Kn, phone 200 Kn, etc., these are my average bills and I don't spend much of either).

Remove another 2000 Kn for food (which is quite expensive too).

I also have a car so remove another 1500 Kn for gas (10 Kn per liter and I travel 30 km to work every day with a car that spends 6l/100km).

Remove another 3000 Kn for stuff that gets broken, clothes, stuff you need like condoms, shampoo, soap, washing powder, detergent, toilet paper, coffee, car parts, firewood, etc.

Then there are also stupid events like birthdays, Christmas' (2 per year), Easter, New Years, various crap.

And the money is gone, at the end of the month we're left with 50$ if we're lucky, we're in debt if we're not.

Around here, PS3 is for those who'd rather starve than stop playing games.

That's like... Well in US Dollars that's $344. PS3s here cost like... $250?

That's still a lot of money.

250$ is around 1500 Kn.

PS3 is 350-400$ around here which is 2000-2300 Kn because of our high taxes on imported goods (which are around 75% of taxes for a single item).

I don't know about salaries in US but in Croatia, salary of an average working person is 3000-4000 Kn which is 500-650$.

Me and my girlfriend have around 9000 Kn (1500$) when we combine what we make (3000 Kn mine, 6000 Kn her's).

Remove 1500 Kn of bills (electricity 800 Kn, water 250 Kn, phone 200 Kn, etc., these are my average bills and I don't spend much of either).

Remove another 2000 Kn for food (which is quite expensive too).

I also have a car so remove another 1500 Kn for gas (10 Kn per liter and I travel 30 km to work every day with a car that spends 6l/100km).

Remove another 3000 Kn for stuff that gets broken, clothes, stuff you need like condoms, shampoo, soap, washing powder, detergent, toilet paper, coffee, car parts, firewood, etc.

Then there are also stupid events like birthdays, Christmas' (2 per year), Easter, New Years, various crap.

And the money is gone, at the end of the month we're left with 50$ if we're lucky, we're in debt if we're not.

Around here, PS3 is for those who'd rather starve than stop playing games.

The minimum wage in the US is 7.25$ per hour.

My dad works 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, 4 weeks per months. Let's guess that the average 'Murican works that much.

160 Hrs per month each hour you get 7.25$ = 1160$ = 6496Kn

So, the MINIMUM they get is a lot more than what we get averagely. Plus the stuff over there costs less than it does here.

I mean, my family is rich when compared to what most people have to deal with here, each get around 7k kn because they work for the gov. This is just sad.

The last line you said is particularly true :confused: