The last poster wins

TheCalliton

-snip-

I'm thinking of printing this pic and putting it on a disc case of my Win98 CD. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gif

This should be the official Windows logo.

Still nothing after 10+ tries, you can't tell me that the installation is corrupted because it finishes and restarts and THEN it gives that error message. I tried different BIOS options, blah blah all that. Still nothing. I think I need to format the whole HDD and not just the partition. MEH. mehmehmehmehmehmeh

Tried with disk format, tried unplugging my second HDD and only leaving the formatted one in, same f***ing error. Now I'm trying to install XP from a CD and BIOS doesnt want to detect the cd drive...

I'm slowly going crazy here. I'm downloading Ubuntu off my dad's laptop and I will try install that so i at least have some kind of OS to do things on.

I'm assuming the boot order is set up correctly? :rolleyes:

There have been times where I forgot to adjust it couldn't figure out why it wouldn't load the disk.

Maybe Windows doesn't want to be installed because it fears you might mess with the kernel again. :blink:

In any case, good luck!

I tried all kinds of combinations in BIOS, and all settings. Tried putting s jumper on the Main Master Sata, disconected the second HDD. Nope.

Im on Ubuntu now, which installed in 20 min. Why cant Microsoft create an installer like this one?! I'll try get a new installation disk from somewhere. Meh, MEH.

If Ubuntu had good gaming support I would change instantly.

The gaming support is decent, at least for me. Wine runs FO3 without a problem, runs Soldier of Fortune, New Vegas (steam screws with me sometimes on that one), Oblivion, Unreal Tournament (the 1999 one), I even got Skyrim to work but I removed it because it bores the hell out of me. Wine also supports DirectX 10 which doesn't work on my XP.

You could also try Lynux. I had that and Windows on one PC and used them for different things... Lynux is by far, the better of the two but one is limited unfortunately :(

You could also try Lynux. I had that and Windows on one PC and used them for different things... Lynux is by far, the better of the two but one is limited unfortunately :(

Ubuntu is a Linux based OS. It's much faster, more stabile and offers a greater variety of modifications than Windows but is unfortunately limited. However, I don't care about that as long as I can mod it. :biggrin:

The gaming support is decent, at least for me. Wine runs FO3 without a problem, runs Soldier of Fortune, New Vegas (steam screws with me sometimes on that one), Oblivion, Unreal Tournament (the 1999 one), I even got Skyrim to work but I removed it because it bores the hell out of me. Wine also supports DirectX 10 which doesn't work on my XP.

Wellllllll

I got far too many games (I'd say 200+ right now, 160 on steam and others bought retail and from other digital retailers), and I doubt Ubuntu would play the majority, with Wine too.

:/ I said it too soon, I was just mad at Win for not being perfect or as polished. I need Windows for many more things than just gaming too. Dual Boot is good atm anyway. After I get my W764 disk.

ageihgaekg all the programs I'll need to reinstall, all the things I'll have to optimize again and customize. It'll take me a week at least.

@naomi

Ubuntu = Linux :P Well, at least one of Linux's many versions

Unless you meant something else, which I can't find.

Sidenote question:

Does RAM have something to do with 64 bit OS-es BESIDES that you need a min of 4gb?

My dad was blabbering something about heaving old RAM sticks won't make it work. Which I doubt since I'm on an 64 bit Ubuntu atm.

Edited by Iv000

Does RAM have something to do with 64 bit OS-es BESIDES that you need a min of 4gb?

Well, you can't install 64bit OS if you have a processor that doesn't support 64bit computing, other than that, nothing matters. Also, I have Ubuntu x64 on a comp that has 2x1GB DDR2 RAM and a friend of mine has Win7 x64 on a com that has 1.5GB DDR2 RAM so having a minimum of 4GB RAM is not a requirement at all.

A 64bit OS only allows you to use more that 3.6GB RAM, if you have more.