The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Vindekarr, on 18 Feb 2013 - 06:59, said:

Had a lovely day yesterday-Sunday. The one common interest in my entire(even extended) family is cars; we've produced 3 mechanics and an auto engineer across every cousin, son and nephew my generation so we're pretty much oil-for-blood kind of people. Sunday saw a repeat of perhaps the biggest bit of car racing that's happened this year, the Bathurst 12 hour, a race where you can enter almost anything-from a banged up second hand car, to a 1.5 million dollar World GT rocketship. It was a fun race; with some good wheel to wheel racing, a few classic drivers including two of my childhood heroes(John Bowe, Craig Lownds) but the thing that really stuck out, beyond the racing, beyond the wild weather, was one hilarious little incident. You see, Bathurst, the track, is the official steepest racing track on the planet; it's a six-ish kilometre serpentine that winds up and down a massive hill called Mount Panorama, and after you get to the top, you snake along the ridgeline then plumet straing down a 2 kilometre long straight, reaching nearly 200 MPH. It's crazy. And that day it created something truly hilarious.

See, this BMW in one of the normal, non-racing car classes lost it's wheel coming down Forest Elbow, at the top of the mountain. But the wheel wasn't going to wait around for that damn car! it kept rolling and rolling bouncing off the safety rails like a pinball, and eventually rolled and rolled and rolled all the way down the mountain, all the way down the 2 KM straight, and came to rest near the finish line. That little wheel made it further around the track that lap than the car it was meant to be attached to, and did it in a faster time. Who needs cars? we should just let the wheels do it, they seem to be every bit as capable and it would be much cheaper!

couldn't find anything on YouTube, lol would of been funny to watch

Oh and one reason why you should watch the 20th event is that Gran turismo 6 is going to be a launch title. its going to happen and its going to be big, not the console but the even't lol.

IGN is doing a full stream of the even't, its best to watch out for that.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/14/watch-the-220-playstation-event-on-ign

Edited by Thor.

If I find a replay of it Thor, I'll send it your way. Bathurst is probably, out of all the tracks they could add with GT6, the one I want the most, along with Circuit Of The Americas. If you haven't seen an on-board lap of Bathurst, go check it out on youtube, it's an amazing circuit. Most tracks have a hill or two, but Bathurst is literally built around a massive hill, climbing up a steep slope before winding along a narrow ridgeline, then plunging down onm a 25 degree angle, down what feels honestly like a verticle cliff when you drive it in real life. The track that you may know which it's most similar to would be Nurburgring, which is the only track in the world which comes anywhere near Bathurst's terrifying verticality.

It's also one of the very few tracks in the world where a Bugatti Veyron can approach 400 kilometres an hour-almost everything can hit top speed on infamous downhill "Conrod" Straight; so named because during it's glory days in the '60s, many, many cars came flying down the mountain, and broke a conrod due to the massive forces of braking to 40 KPH from 220 KPH within a football field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4XVF3jJL5Q

*Note, found this on youtube, the best way to get to know Bathurst is by viewing it from a webcam strapped to the nosecone of a Formula One car, driven by one of the best racing drivers currently active.

Edited by Vindekarr

If I find a replay of it Thor, I'll send it your way. Bathurst is probably, out of all the tracks they could add with GT6, the one I want the most, along with Circuit Of The Americas. If you haven't seen an on-board lap of Bathurst, go check it out on youtube, it's an amazing circuit. Most tracks have a hill or two, but Bathurst is literally built around a massive hill, climbing up a steep slope before winding along a narrow ridgeline, then plunging down onm a 25 degree angle, down what feels honestly like a verticle cliff when you drive it in real life. The track that you may know which it's most similar to would be Nurburgring, which is the only track in the world which comes anywhere near Bathurst's terrifying verticality.

It's also one of the very few tracks in the world where a Bugatti Veyron can approach 400 kilometres an hour-almost everything can hit top speed on infamous downhill "Conrod" Straight; so named because during it's glory days in the '60s, many, many cars came flying down the mountain, and broke a conrod due to the massive forces of braking to 40 KPH from 220 KPH within a football field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4XVF3jJL5Q

*Note, found this on youtube, the best way to get to know Bathurst is by viewing it from a webcam strapped to the nosecone of a Formula One car, driven by one of the best racing drivers currently active.

you might be in luck

http://jalopnik.com/5893177/bathurst-gets-scanned-for-gran-turismo-6

the sound effects is what made it stand out the most,the grinding of the suspension against the tarmac and the sound you hear when you go under a underpass :biggrin:

Edited by Thor.