The last poster wins

TheCalliton

@ Werne, seafood is all well and good just make sure it is well cooked and that she doesn't eat too much shellfish, prawns etc ... Like I said, a little bit of what she fancies is ok just not in great quantities.

Whew, if I were to tell her to ease up on the fish she'd probably eat my leg instead. :sweat:

Shellfish is not on the menu a lot anymore, not since I showed her where mussels come from. And prawns, along with anything that even remotely resembles them, are out of the question, she doesn't like them while I nearly choked on one when I got angry and swallowed a lobster without removing the shell so we avoid them.

I'll probably have more questions later on though, I got no experience when it comes to pregnant women and children.

Look after her and yourself. Its gonna be a wonderful and fast paced time. A spring baby, lovely. I love kids (I think you can tell right), I enjoyed my own and my children's pregnancies and was at each of my grandchildren's births an amazing experience and something I was honored to participate in.

I always look after her, now especially so. I care more about her than I care about myself actually, which is not surprising.

To be honest, I love kids, they seem to be on the same mental level as me so we can communicate easily. :P I don't know why, I just like being around kids and playing along with them (though I got a comment once saying I enjoy playing with their toys more than they do).

While you find birth magical, I witnessed birth only once and I... passed out. I saw a lot of things in my life but that must be one of the most horrifying moments I've witnessed. Once the child's head got out of a place whose size is familiar to me and I was pretty sure something of that size can't possibly fit inside at all, I fell down to the ground like lump of wood.

And the last part is something I believe no father likes to think about, someone touching his girl (or worse, getting her pregnant). I know what things I did when I started dating, and no guy will do that to my daughter unless I really, really, really ,really like him, which is likely not going to happen, or unless he is doing it far enough to be out of active range of a 12.7mm sniper rifle.

:armscrossed:

I'm so happy to see how excited you are

You should have seen me when she told me she's pregnant, I was sitting on the couch like a boss and I tried to play it cool and smooth, without a reaction. Yeah... the only problem with that was that I was grinning so much my face hurt. ;D

My pathetic attempt made her laugh and she was less nervous cause of that so it was a good thing, and apparently hilarious.

@werne: Congratulations :thumbsup: knowing there will a mini-werne in the world can only make it better...and the other kids worse :P

If my kid ends up being anything like me, well, we'll have fun. I can teach him/her how to turn broken toy cars into lightning fast fireballs of doom, how to make rockets out of plastic bottles, how to explode a fried chicken, how to blow up an egg or apple in a microwave, you know, the fun stuff. :happy:

If my kid ends up being anything like me, well, we'll have fun. I can teach him/her how to turn broken toy cars into lightning fast fireballs of doom, how to make rockets out of plastic bottles, how to explode a fried chicken, how to blow up an egg or apple in a microwave, you know, the fun stuff. :happy:

Fire and explosions. Fun stuff :biggrin:

Edited by K00L