The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I will sleep now, good night fellow Nexians. Or whatever the termage is for Nexus users.

Gorgeous beast there Kool-I love dogs, they and cars are two things I've had around me from when I was a little kid-at that point my mother's gorgeous '78 Holden Monaro SS and my father's completely deranged Cattle Dog cross. At the moment I've got Jarno and Mikka-don't know what they are aside from gorgeous. They're siblings, about 9 months old. Jarno's pitch black with blue eyes, and Mikka's white, black, and tan. My guess would be mostly husky-probably some other big working dog. They LOOK like huskies, they've got the same sorts of eyes, but they're both bigger and shaggier and they've grown more slowly, so clearly they're going to get very big indeed. Wolfhound DNA, possibly.

My girlfriend moved in recently and she's got a pup called Carbon following the passing of our third dog Molly. Carbon's an Australian Cattle Dog-you don't see much of them overseas, but they're lovely dogs-smart, very loyal, and very hardy. They're a mix of breeds, primarily Alsatian and Dalmatian-they are all born white and spotty, and then usually darken to tabby as they get older. I've heard they've becoming popular in America, because they're so resistant to hot conditions, but I don't know if that's true.

http://www.dogs-wallpapers.com/user-content/uploads/wall/o/58/australian_cattle_dog_named_bandit_wallpaper.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic, but it's the best one I could find. They're really sweet dogs, somewhere between a German Shepherd and a Collie in temperament.

Gorgeous beast there Kool-I love dogs, they and cars are two things I've had around me from when I was a little kid-at that point my mother's gorgeous '78 Holden Monaro SS and my father's completely deranged Cattle Dog cross. At the moment I've got Jarno and Mikka-don't know what they are aside from gorgeous. They're siblings, about 9 months old. Jarno's pitch black with blue eyes, and Mikka's white, black, and tan. My guess would be mostly husky-probably some other big working dog. They LOOK like huskies, they've got the same sorts of eyes, but they're both bigger and shaggier and they've grown more slowly, so clearly they're going to get very big indeed. Wolfhound DNA, possibly.

My girlfriend moved in recently and she's got a pup called Carbon following the passing of our third dog Molly. Carbon's an Australian Cattle Dog-you don't see much of them overseas, but they're lovely dogs-smart, very loyal, and very hardy. They're a mix of breeds, primarily Alsatian and Dalmatian-they are all born white and spotty, and then usually darken to tabby as they get older. I've heard they've becoming popular in America, because they're so resistant to hot conditions, but I don't know if that's true.

Me too! lol

My mom's had a 1968 Chevelle for a long while (and she's almost ALWAYS had Chevelles, she had one when I was a baby that was the same year as her first car in high school), and my dad had a Plymouth Cuda of some year (I don't remember, it was a long time ago). Then he got a few other cars after he sold that, including the one he gave to me (the 1974 Plymouth Duster that didn't run, he kind of gave up on it and so for my birthday he was like "Heyyy here you go!" Still was a nice car, unfortunately I didn't have the money to get it working, and definitely not the knowledge). And my family has always had dogs (and a few other random critters), never cats because most of the family is allergic.

Actually, my brother has a classmate who's mom has had that kind of dog since I was in elementary school. She had two of them, and I can't remember if she was a breeder or not, but that's what I thought I was told. Don't think she does that anymore, but I do believe she still has the dogs. They always ride around in the back of her truck.

I got distracted by music and forgot to go to bed. And then Youtube started showing me videos about some pain/headache/something care center or something that uses opiates. I was like... What the hell does this have to do with me listening to music. :ermm: So then I stopped. Its definitely bedtime for me though. So good night to all of you for real this time! :laugh:

Edited by K00L

I would love a malamute, they are beautiful. Wolves are my totem so I adore them.

We have 6 cats and 1 dog who is a cross between a king charles spaniel and a jack russell. He thinks he's human and a cat. He greets everyone and spends his time here even though he's my daughter's dog. he hates being on his own which is why we have him (she and her flat mate work full-time).

I am not a cat person but have ended up with 6 cats and only 1 of them is mine and she's my black beauty.

Anyway, good morning Nexus. I hate the wallpaper you put up for Werne, gave me wonky eyes watching it lol.

Yeah, my mother had a 1976 Monaro GTS 4-door when I was growing up. It's an Australian car, and one of only three in our entire history that I would consider a world-class classic. During the 1960s and 70s in Australia our local racing league required cars be fundamentally unmodified road cars-so any race prep had to happen in the car factory, rather than after market. The result was a plethora of Australia-specific de-tuned race cars, which faced off against imported American Muscle.

Detroit muscle was common in the series but never successful-the harsh conditions, long races, and the unpreparedness of the American teams often meant that they rarely even finished. On the flip side, cars like the Monaro and Falcon were designed specially for Australian roads, which is to say vast distances between cities, high temperatures and rough roads. To cope with this, they were built tough, and had large fuel tanks-and as a result, completely thrashed smaller, lighter American cars that had an advantage on paper. Only the Mustang achieved any great success, and it shared many of it's components with the slightly larger Australian Falcon anyway.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8510/8517261097_ec17e36e24_z.jpg

Except for the aftermarket wheels, this is more or less it. Essentially a four-door Camaro, complete with

a full-power Chevy small block. And unlike a Camaro, no power limiting catalytic converter. So much for

"your mom's car"

Edited by Vindekarr