The last poster wins

TheCalliton

2013 for another four and a half hours here. But happy new year to everyone, since I probably won't be getting back on here later.

All of the dlc is 100% worth it, because its a big grind after level 65.

All of it, you must.. One reason why i am hoping for more.

You are missing out on one of the best fpsmmorpgs ever made.

Never seen any of these vending machines in Borderlands, crosses fingers for more dlc.

trust me there is crazier stuff then that in borderlands. Bandit is a manufacturer, it would of made sense.

Edited by Thor.

Damn. Oh well, looks like I won't be using the TV then. It just seems odd that the laptop appears to be under no additional strain (there is no lag in the actual games, even the newer ones), just that there is a tiny delay from screen to screen.

It's because the graphics chip in your laptop is designed to run a projector, not an actual screen. A projector wouldn't lag behind since it doesn't have a crappy response time which only amplifies the lag.

Also, I'm not rendering the laptop screen with the TV's resolution (1920x1080), I'm fitting the laptop's resolution to the TV (1600x900) so there is no performance drop at all.

Maybe I didn't explain that well, let me rephrase:

Your laptop screen's resolution is 1600x900 which means that your card outputs 1,440,000 pixels to the display, that's what it's designed for. Add a second 1600x900 output and the card needs to push out 2,880,000 pixels. It doesn't actually need to render a second screen so the performance penalty is irrelevant when it comes to games, but since the card doesn't have the bandwidth to shovel out nearly 3 million pixels on two separate outputs, it refreshes the primary display then waits until it's ready to refresh the second one.

Couple that wait time with a 25ms slower response time from the TV itself, and you have lag. Not to mention that the TV's lag is not as pronounced when you have the TV as a separate monitor (like me, I have the TV hooked up to my HDMI output as a separate desktop) or alone, that doesn't amplify the feeling of lag from the TV's slow response since you don't have a faster monitor refreshing the same image.

By the way guys, happy new year.