The last poster wins

TheCalliton

You should of saved up and sold those gtx 550 for a gtx780 ti, in a months time as they drop in price.

save one fro physx if you wish :dance:

Edited by Thor.

I need a decent gaming machine and one that can be upgraded periodically... this one should be but I've had a few problems with it and don't trust it anymore.

Seeing as how I've been working with computer hardware on a regular basis nowadays... for what kind of gaming and what budget?

Personally, unless you're looking at $800 and up, I'd way for AMD's Kaveri if I were you. FX-series path is a dead-end cause AMD dropped the AM3+ socket (plus, they will be merging sockets once DDR4 goes live) and Intel will cost you an arm and a leg. If AMD delivers the promised 30% with Kaveri this month, do merge the Volcanic Islands core with Steamroller, and keep chugging them at a low price, their unlocked A-series will pretty much be the only sensible path in the mid-range market until Excavator and Skylake hit the shelves.

You likely don't get a thing I just said so here's a simple version - wait, AMD is far more sensible when it comes to performance you get for the price.

@Thor GTX 790 will not affect 780 Ti prices, the same way a 690 didn't affect 680's price, or how a 590 didn't affect 580's price. It's a dual GPU for extreme enthusiast market, it's in a completely different market segment.

@M48A5 Aaand we're back to staring in awkward silence. :mellow:

And as a side-note, this scares me...

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/aYbEy4V_700b.jpg

Been there, seen that, doesn't make it any less frightening. :ohdear:

Edited by Werne

Hmm if its just 1000$ i may go for a gtx790 in the near future, heck i want a Enthusiast card that will last me a decade :dance: , it'll take me two more months, but in my mind its worth it.. If its 900$ it would be a steal at that price, even 1000$ sense its a dual gpu.. i paid nearly that much for both my 7950 gigabyte windforce editions brand new, ever sense bit coining i can sell it for that price on Kijiji and get away with it. 425$ on kijiji would be exceptable.

Edited by Thor.

Yup because i can resell my 7950's for almost that price and no it won't be a total loss.

One thing i can't stand with amd is the awful microstuttering. I miss Nvidia because you don't need performance profiles fro each and every freaking game when it comes to crossfire, it simply won't work at its optimal performance ratio then.

Read the comments of this youtube video, they look not so promising, they are comparing it to a gtx780 ti in sli. Heck it would be cheaper to get a gtx780 ti and then get another for sli later.

i am again leaning towards a gigabyte gtx780 ti

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125489

It would be a wise decision sense the new 800 desktop models would be bringing down the prices of the gtx780 ti's in the near future. Then get a second for sli when the prices drop.

Edited by Thor.

I need a decent gaming machine and one that can be upgraded periodically... this one should be but I've had a few problems with it and don't trust it anymore.

Seeing as how I've been working with computer hardware on a regular basis nowadays... for what kind of gaming and what budget?

Personally, unless you're looking at $800 and up, I'd way for AMD's Kaveri if I were you. FX-series path is a dead-end cause AMD dropped the AM3+ socket (plus, they will be merging sockets once DDR4 goes live) and Intel will cost you an arm and a leg. If AMD delivers the promised 30% with Kaveri this month, do merge the Volcanic Islands core with Steamroller, and keep chugging them at a low price, their unlocked A-series will pretty much be the only sensible path in the mid-range market until Excavator and Skylake hit the shelves.

You likely don't get a thing I just said so here's a simple version - wait, AMD is far more sensible when it comes to performance you get for the price.

This machine is an AMD one... I've had to change the processor just about every year for the past three years and to me, being a quad core processor it should last longer than 12 months. Mind you I do hammer it at times and the machine is not overclocked as I have no idea how to do it lol.

I'll start saving up and let you know when I have a decent amount saved so you can give me the heads up. I've built two machines, but I'm not up to doing it again just yet especially as I want a water cooling system etc ...

Anyway, I'm off to my bed as the boys have to be up for school in 4 and a half hours lol.

Nite, nite all xxx

Slow night, and maaaannnn its going to get collddd here tonight, shivers just thinking about it. -26c feels like -40c, plus a wind warning in a effect. Coldest we have seen in ages.........

Feels like -40, we had wind chill in the past, but i never seen it go down that low before. At least here anyways...

Also woow i was tracking a gigabyte 7950 for sale on Kijiji for 425$ cad and it just disappeared, it was gone...

they had it up for almost 3 days used to.

highly optimistic that i can sell it for that, sense the demand so freaking high. There is one for 200$ and funny enough its still there. :dance:

http://london.kijiji.ca/f-Gigabyte-7950-Classifieds-W0QQKeywordZGigabyteQ207950QQisSearchFormZtrue

Edited by Thor.