The last poster wins

TheCalliton

ย 

I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

Best way is to use duct tape, electrical tape works too but not as good.

ย 

I'll keep that in mind, thanks Werne. :laugh:

So I've already chopped so many holes into modding my case that I couldn' t resell it. Should I go ahead and make some drastic alterations to fit the motherboard, or just get a new case that does fit?

ย 

I kind of don't want a new case. They either look too flashy or they're mimic refrigerators. I like my decidedly ghetto by this point case. It just is three inches too short. I can weld a slightly larger bottom onto it.

ย 

ALso, while bench-testing the motherboard to be sure it turns on, I tried to pick up a spinning fan that fell over. Don't do that. Currently trying to type without using my left index finger.

So I've already chopped so many holes into modding my case that I couldn' t resell it. Should I go ahead and make some drastic alterations to fit the motherboard, or just get a new case that does fit?

ย 

I kind of don't want a new case. They either look too flashy or they're mimic refrigerators. I like my decidedly ghetto by this point case. It just is three inches too short. I can weld a slightly larger bottom onto it.

You can try something else. PSU is either on top or bottom of the case, if it's the bottom, you can fit the mobo in by removing the PSU from it's position (can't align the rear I/O ports otherwise). Then you can make a hole and screw it anywhere where it may fit. There are a few cases where I was forced to move the PSU somewhere were it's not supposed to go (usually having the main power plug on top the case, or mounting it in a 5.25" bay) and it turned out well.

ย 

ALso, while bench-testing the motherboard to be sure it turns on, I tried to pick up a spinning fan that fell over. Don't do that. Currently trying to type without using my left index finger.

Already well aware of that, a few years back I broke my ring finger catching a 120mm 5400RPM fan when it fell off a table, nearly cut it off. :pinch:

I was going to take a saw to the back and sort of slide all of the ports and such up to fit. Does the alignment of the PSU affect functionality? I see how I can keep it in the case, but it'll be sideways-ish. There would still be the issue of mounting it. I don't want to drill any holes in the individual parts of the computer, in case they explode suddenly at some future point and I have to return them.

ย 

Also, don't ask your roommate for a bandage when you see how much blood you're losing. He'll have a sick sense of humor and give you a Hello Kitty band-aid.

ย 

Is this the thing that people were talking about how the PS4 would technically be "backwards compatible" through some kind of streaming service? I thought it was called something else when I read about it a few months ago.