The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Good for you, you have no idea how awesome it is to feel the sound of Hardcore alternative rock playing in 5.1, and loud. With BASS!!!!

Heh, I only said that because I don't understand all the hardware spec talk. :tongue:

I am so bored. I wish it was later in the year when some of the awesome games were released!

Edited by billyro

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/781/6175/original.jpg?w=600&h

Thank you... This had me rolling round laughing (rolf for those who are in the know) which I really needed.

Hmm, it would seem AMD A10-7850K APU is 10% faster than A10-6800K while having ~15% lower clocks on both CPU and iGPU. Just bumping the clocks up to Richland levels would result in a 25% performance increase and would make for a great budget consideration. But seeing as how AMD is already trudging through crap and making budget units just to stay afloat (they don't have money for producing FX-series) and Kaveri APUs don't have L3 cache, this is not a good result - this is a very bad result. Releasing a CPU with only 10% gains for $175 when you're already at 1/2 the performance of Intel units is like putting nails into your own coffin.

On the other hand, no one buys an unlocked processor to keep it on stock, except for Thor, and no one released any overclocking results either. If this thing's CPU can OC well it may catch up with Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge, and the iGPU is already light years away from Intel's, overclocking it further would only result in widening the gap. Even a stock 6800K outperforms all Intel processors (even Haswell i7s with HD4600) when playing games on iGPU, difference becomes nearly 400% when the 6800K's CPU and iGPU are overclocked. So going by that, this thing would be a monster if it were to overclock like Richland. But it still doesn't change the fact that it's an overpriced piece of crap.

*sigh* Damn it AMD! Their processors are pretty much the only affordable CPUs on the Croatian market. If they flop with Steamroller Kaveri and by any chance f*** up with Excavator as well the freakin' Pentiums will start costing $200 around here, which they are already close to - cheapest Pentium is ~$87 and most expensive one is ~$143, an i3-4340 around here costs more than an i5-3570K from Newegg - ~$232 (as a reference, the i5-3570K costs ~$343 or more here, used ones are barely under $280). Damn it AMD!

rolf

Rolling on the laughing floor? :blink:

Edited by Werne

I was asleep, now i am awake. lately i pass out around 10pm do to exhaustion from work, then wake up around 4 in the morning cursing to myself why i am awake. :verymad:

Edited by Thor.

Whoa, I just found out about the little blue arrow on the smiley bar. I never even saw it!

http://puu.sh/6fTOy.png <<< See, right there.

Here's one of the smilies you did know of, and it perfectly describes what I did after reading your post - :laugh:

rolf

Rolling on the laughing floor? :blink:

Yup most definitely a laughing floor where I'm lying :D

:tongue: :whistling: :D

Whoa, I just found out about the little blue arrow on the smiley bar. I never even saw it!

http://puu.sh/6fTOy.png <<< See, right there.

Here's one of the smilies you did know of, and it perfectly describes what I did after reading your post - :laugh:

It's so far away from the smileys... it was hiding from me! :tongue:

:mellow:

Sense i can go 2.1 with Toslink and not have any compromise in Surround field. I have so many option i can switch to, hmm maybe even Onboard sound, sense the sabertooth mobos support toslink out in 2.1 not 5.1. it doesn't matter now.

Certainly would cut down the space in my Case. Mp3's in 5.1, any audio format for that matter, freaking awesome. This HD 7.1 1000watt pioneer receiver changes the playing field.

Edited by Thor.