The last poster wins

TheCalliton

You know, I'm still rocking these:

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll300/14-139-050-S01.jpg

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll300/14-133-269-09.jpg

First one is an AGP card so if you have that, time for an upgrade was 10 years ago. :tongue:

And the second one I had until a few months ago. :laugh:

I'm getting money back from my last cards, selling one of them for 425$ used. Amazon and everyone else is selling them at that price.

And you're going to sell it precisely never. Why? Because Amazon is selling them NEW at that price point, not as used 2 yeas old cards. A new one costs that much, no sane person would pay the same amount of money for a used one.

And by the way - the card's value goes down by 1/3 from the price of a brand new model as soon as you open the packaging. After a year, it's worth less than 1/2 the price. You have nothing to do with a price point above ~$220, the card just isn't worth it. I'm looking at a 6950 right now that costs ~$200 on our used market (still under warranty), our cards are 30% more expensive than in Canada and yet that card won't be sold for a while since it's considered expensive around here.

It's a Maximus V Formula. I was a bit daft when I got it because I didn't know about the differences between ATX and E-ATX. Hindsight: Should've gotten the Gene.

The CPU is an i5-3570. In the usual vein of my purchases, it was the cheapest decent quad-core I could find on eBay.

A huge waste of money. An overpriced overclocking enthusiast board and a cheap locked CPU, the board is nearly more expensive than the processor. Only justification for that mobo would be if you're getting an i7-3970X and building your PC for overclocking only. Same as how I justify having a mobo with a price point close to my CPU - overclocking.

For an i6-3570, an ATX board at around $100 price point or lower would do just fine, and you wouldn't need to replace the case either.

Think again, they are selling them at that price used, litecoin is to blame.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Mini-Displayport-PCI-Express-Graphic-GV-R795WF3-3GD/dp/B007581QHG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389610534&sr=8-2&keywords=radeon+7950+used

people clearly have no clue though what to buy, also never do the research. And bitcoin driving up the prices of radeon cards around, even used.

I saw one sell on Kijiji for that price, and it was gone in a days time.

if you check the amazon, they have even higher priced after market coolers, this model is actually one of the cheaper r7950's.

new and used they are selling for almost 600$

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Radeon-Mini-Displayport-Graphics-GV-R797OC-3GD/dp/B00752QYLK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1389611174&sr=8-6&keywords=radeon+7950+used

by looking at some of the comments, they are suspiciously aiming for bitcoin.

Edited by Thor.

7950 for Litecoin is crap, 5xxx series outperform it by a huge margin. I have a 5670 somewhere around here that can mine faster than a 7950 and the 5970 in quad-CF is a miner's dream.

As a sidenote, I've seen a Radeon 7770 for some 50$ somewhere and I'm thinking of going crossfire again, two R7770 card perform roughly on-par with a 7950 on stock frequencies even though it runs off a 128-bit bus, and it comes at 1/2 the price of a single 7950. They also scale bloody marvelous, 77xx series gain is exactly 2x in Crossfire compared to other cards in the 7xxx series and the 77xx cards don't have the micro-stuttering issues at all. :thumbsup:

Trust me crossfire is crap, another reason why am switching back to Nvidia. I miss the driver support, also i want a all in one solution.

Also i reallllyyyy hate Uplay, they rip you off at every turn, i tried logging in with my password and email and the claim it doesn't exist after a update. I bought the fora cry 3 deluxe fro 4$, thankfully it was only 4$ or i would be really pissed.

Never buying anything with Uplay attached to it on pc ever again. Uninstalled it and never looking back. uplay and there stupid log in crap. No mistakes in the passwords or email, i always write down that kind of thing.

Every time it updates it resets your passwords and credentials, which is really annoying, this time its like they deleted me from their bloody servers. You just lost a customer.

Edited by Thor.

Trust me crossfire is crap, another reason why am switching back to Nvidia. I miss the driver support, also i want a all in one solution.

The price difference is more crap than the crossfire issues. I already have a 7770 and I can sell it for maybe $50, which is $50 less I need to pay for a single 7950. So I only need to pay $490 for the cheapest Radeon 7950 on the Croatian market instead of $50 for another 7770 cause crossfired 7770s perform ~10% slower than a single 7950.

So I either take another 7770 for $50 and end up with a total cost of $100 (I paid my current 7770 $50) or I sell my current 7770 for $50 and end up with a total cost of $540 for a single 7950. To be honest, for me the choice ends up looking like this - scaling issues in some games and a bit more heat vs ~10% better performance and $490 less in my pocket.

The end result: ~10% performance and no scaling issues isn't worth $490 to me (which is my entire god damn pay check). Aside from that, I'd have to wait for 6 months to be able to afford a 7950, and that's if I get no sudden expenses. I'm not you, I can't afford a $800 single card unless I work my ass off for years and even then it's questionable.

Disregarding everything I just said, I already had two 7770s in crossfire, so I can honestly say it's actually a damn good setup. Mostly because they scale better than your 7950s and they don't suffer from microstuttering, so the only issue is heat which is completely irrelevant cause my 7770 runs 23oC cooler than the chip's maximum temperature and temps only go up by 8oC in crossfire.

@ub3rman Hmm, haven't considered that option, used parts are generally worth it since they're cheap.

But a high-end overclocking enthusiast motherboard with an entry-level locked i5 is still funny to me. :tongue:

I have savings and good with money, not rich by a long shot. Just i have been saving up for this for a very long time. Savings account.

I never said you're rich, you just like to brag about having great hardware (which pisses me off most of the time since I don't care about your hardware and I have to edit posts cause of you). My point was that I cannot save cause I'm already doing jobs on the side just to keep afloat.

Besides, I don't give a single f*** about what you do to afford the 780 Ti for two reason - first one is that I don't care and second one is that I don't care. No one cares. :smile:

Edited by Werne

The board looked so pretty, though! The CPU was more in the groove of 'the best cheapest thing available'.

Also, my brother has an i7-3970X that we found for about 60% off. I was so jealous.