The last poster wins

TheCalliton

The only sport I'm interested in is programming.

I'm not very good at that sport; it requires too much concentration.

Here's how to be good at programming:

1. If you're not good at programming, have coffee, write programs

2. If you're still not good at programming, have more coffee

3. If you're still not good and you ran out of coffee, check for stronger coffee on the market, buy it and see numbers 1 and 2

Bottom line is, you can't make software without a proper dose of proper coffee. :thumbsup:

I've never had coffee, and I'm not going to because I don't want to get addicted to it. My parents both scull it like it's water, and I don't really want to be like that.

The bottom line is: I can never do programming. :ninja:

I like that sleep-deprived state where you go into this sort of mode where you don't think, you just do. It happens at around 24+ hours of being awake, and a lot of complicated things just become so easy. Perhaps that's what I need in order to program...

Anyway, I was once in that state when I decided to play Portal 2 - I powered through it, working out every puzzle without a second thought (I was unstoppable). It was pretty cool because I hadn't played it in about 2 years, so I forgot all the solutions to the chambers, and it was just so easy. I know that the game is hard at various intervals, but in that sleep deprived state... my thinking was just different, and efficient.

The only times I got slowed down was when you had to search for the bloody white surface that the developers hid around the place to pad out game time.

I like that sleep-deprived state where you go into this sort of mode where you don't think, you just do. It happens at around 24+ hours of being awake, and a lot of complicated things just become so easy. Perhaps that's what I need in order to program...

Middle of the night is the best time for programming, and to stay in an eternal state of sleep deprivation I use coffee. I don't know why but once I'm tired I start feeling invincible and do everything good and fast, and I never managed to match that speed when I'm not tired.

Hmm, I must study that "being tired makes you super fast" phenomena. :geek: