The last poster wins

TheCalliton

@billyro

Yeah, it's the combat that is currently wronging me. I can't achieve the perfect balance, no matter the mods I use! It's either, "kill enemy in one hit - enemy's attacks to me are like a feather upon a soft cushion," or, "enemy can breath on me and it will penetrate my daedric armour and kill me".

I just want it so that if I chop an enemy in the brain then he dies. But no matter how much I try, something will be either far too strong or far too weak (though I don't really mind it if an enemy is too weak - I'm the Dragonborn, after all).

Well, the combat in general is just pretty bad; it's like Oblivion's except more annoying (actually, my Oblivion mod set-up is far more balanced than Skyrim could ever be - it's pretty much exactly as I want it).

Oh well, despite my preference for fantasy over science-fiction, at least Fallout is gun reliant. Bethesda ≠ Melee Combat.

Yep. I upped my difficulty all the way to Legendary and had mods that made enemies smarter and stuff like that. At that point I had to rely entirely on my follower because if I got shot in the hand with an arrow I fall over dead. And not to mention the enemies take forever to kill on Legendary. Lowering the difficulty and I kill everything in one hit but they can't kill me in one hit anymore. (I have Deadly Combat, some AI thing I forgot, Deadly Dragons, Dragon Combat Overhaul, and I feel like there is one more thing I forgot. All I managed to do was make legendary actually hard. Well more like impossible.)

I liked Oblivion because I could have things like Unnecessary Violence. It adds so much stuff that makes combat more enjoyable. I went through a lot of things for Skyrim, but most either seem to cause problems in people's games or have huge delays because of SKSE.

Like locational damage. That would be cool. But a lot of comments say it just doesn't work, or it causes issues.

Despite the fact I complain about Skyrim a lot. I don't hate it. I hate that it to me it seems to be praised way too much. Combat is usual Bethesda combat. Story is meh. The world is cool the first time, but after that it kind of hits you how empty it is, repetitive, etc. Even the RPG part of it that is supposedly one of the big reasons that it's popular isn't that great.

I also agree about Fallout. I think I might install Oblivion again after I finally beat the last Skyrim DLC I have left. I haven't played it in a while. I should actually get it on Steam with all the DLC for it.

I guess I should really be waiting for games like Mount & Blade Bannerlord, Dragon Age Inquisition, Dark Souls II, another Dragon's Dogma, and this game. And probably others that I forgot about. I try to bookmark things about games I like but I don't do it all the time.

Aye, pretty much everything you said. Skyrim is a really good game, but it just lacks in a lot of things. It's like it has everything you could want, but it's not very polished because of it.

Also I've given up on making the Skyrim combat the way I like it - I understand now that I cannot do it. I tried out Requiem because that seemed like the most hardcore and balanced of all the mods, but the guy should have called the mod "Rage Quit" instead of "Requiem"; but at least you can alter the damage dealt and received via an MCM menu. It's still a bit unbalanced when I deal 400% damage to an armoured bandit, and he deals 50% damage to me and still manages to kill me though. Oh well, tweak tweak tweak! :sweat:

If you're going back to Oblivion, I'd recommend checking out TIE Tamriel Immersion Experience by Arthmoor: it's an overhaul mod that makes the game sooo much better. The only downsides with it is that it doesn't include new content (new weapons, armour, creatures etc. like in OOO or Frans) so it is strictly using vanilla content, and some of the NPCs look strange when used in conjunction with Nuska's Oblivion Character Overhaul (though with v2 of OCO it is much better). Keep in mind that there are patches to make TIE work with OOO and Frans and others, too.

All in all, TIE is probably my favourite overhaul. It just feels like Morrowind in Oblivion, essentially. Also, lowering the difficulty is probably a good idea, since all enemies do realistic damage.

Also, thanks for telling me about Mount and Blade II: Bannerlords, and Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Those two games look very promising and I never even knew about them! :laugh:

And yes... Dragon Age: Inquisition... oh man, we wants it. We needs it! MYYYYY PRECIOUSSSSSS!!!

Fdsa so many new pages... did everyone drink lots of coffee yesterday or something?

I even offered sex advice to everyone, but no one cares. That sucks.

Dont feel bad, it's either because like me we've had sex more times than hot dinners, or they are fat nerds who never even touched a girl :tongue:

If I was fat and nerdy, I'd take offence at that. :tongue: *Sigh*, I just haven't found the right girl yet. It's hard when you live somewhere so rural. :pinch:

And don't worry, Werne, I've been secretly stockpiling your various tips and tricks over the months. They won't go to waste. :tongue:

Also, these forums, ay. Slower than a legless cow, some days...

Edited by billyro

Aye, pretty much everything you said. Skyrim is a really good game, but it just lacks in a lot of things. It's like it has everything you could want, but it's not very polished because of it.

Also I've given up on making the Skyrim combat the way I like it - I understand now that I cannot do it. I tried out Requiem because that seemed like the most hardcore and balanced of all the mods, but the guy should have called the mod "Rage Quit" instead of "Requiem"; but at least you can alter the damage dealt and received via an MCM menu. It's still a bit unbalanced when I deal 400% damage to an armoured bandit, and he deals 50% damage to me and still manages to kill me though. Oh well, tweak tweak tweak! :sweat:

If you're going back to Oblivion, I'd recommend checking out TIE Tamriel Immersion Experience by Arthmoor: it's an overhaul mod that makes the game sooo much better. The only downsides with it is that it doesn't include new content (new weapons, armour, creatures etc. like in OOO or Frans) so it is strictly using vanilla content, and some of the NPCs look strange when used in conjunction with Nuska's Oblivion Character Overhaul (though with v2 of OCO it is much better). Keep in mind that there are patches to make TIE work with OOO and Frans and others, too.

All in all, TIE is probably my favourite overhaul. It just feels like Morrowind in Oblivion, essentially. Also, lowering the difficulty is probably a good idea, since all enemies do realistic damage.

Also, thanks for telling me about Mount and Blade II: Bannerlords, and Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Those two games look very promising and I never even knew about them! :laugh:

And yes... Dragon Age: Inquisition... oh man, we wants it. We needs it! MYYYYY PRECIOUSSSSSS!!!

Fdsa so many new pages... did everyone drink lots of coffee yesterday or something?

I'm done trying to make the combat enjoyable as well. I'll just turn my difficulty all the way down and shoot people in the face with a bow. At least that way combat will make me laugh. "RIGHT IN THE EYE! HAHA!" :D

I'll have to try that, it's been a long time since I played Oblivion and one of the main reasons is because my disc drive is really annoying on my laptop so I try to avoid any games that I have a physical copy of. Hopefully I can get it to install. Anyway, that will be later because I still have DLC to beat in Skyrim.

I don't care what other people are saying about Bioware, they have some of my favorite games. Even Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 I loved. The stories and characters they create keep me hooked on their games, so changes to the gameplay don't bother me (unless they were to completely remove the RPG part from them, but it's Bioware. They make RPGs). I think some of the "simplification" they did in both series really helped actually. ME1 feels much more tedious than the sequels, as does DAO. Not saying I don't enjoy them, but after playing the sequels, the originals feel... outdated. :tongue:

There have been a lot of posts today... Interesting.

Edited by K00L

-SNIP-

I'm done trying to make the combat enjoyable as well. I'll just turn my difficulty all the way down and shoot people in the face with a bow. At least that way combat will make me laugh. "RIGHT IN THE EYE! HAHA!" :D

I'll have to try that, it's been a long time since I played Oblivion and one of the main reasons is because my disc drive is really annoying on my laptop so I try to avoid any games that I have a physical copy of. Hopefully I can get it to install. Anyway, that will be later because I still have DLC to beat in Skyrim.

I don't care what other people are saying about Bioware, they have some of my favorite games. Even Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 I loved. The stories and characters they create keep me hooked on their games, so changes to the gameplay don't bother me (unless they were to completely remove the RPG part from them, but it's Bioware. They make RPGs). I think some of the "simplification" they did in both series really helped actually. ME1 feels much more tedious than the sequels, as does DAO. Not saying I don't enjoy them, but after playing the sequels, the originals feel... outdated. :tongue:

There have been a lot of posts today... Interesting.

Good idea. :D

Yeah, my disc stuffed up for Oblivion as well. I bought it again on Steam though (it was on sale at the time, so it was worth it).

I agree with you about Bioware's games. I loved Dragon Age 2 and I played through it about 7 times, but I've only been able to do 2 play-throughs of Dragon Age Origins (it feels too slow and clunky), and Mass Effect 3 is just an artistic masterpiece. The story and characters of Bioware's games are just excellent, and I'm so excited for for DA Inquisition.

Edited by billyro

I had a Spider nightmare, I am in real life, terrified over them. Ever sense that day i walked through a field of Daddy Long legs.

it was like a small spider would fall from the ceiling in our basement, as i walked down the stars. More then just one, several.

It was a nightmare.

Edited by Thor.