The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I decided to try reinstalling Oblivion (after hiding my mods, saves, etc in a folder) to see if that would fix BOSS (I get occasional crashing though not much considering I had to sort a crap ton of mods without any help from BOSS, and without reading mod descriptions... except a few). The whole ordeal went something like this:

I sit in front of my computer staring... With the installer on my screen, and a disc in my hand.

"Where's the other disc?"

Flipping through a very empty CD case (Dragon Age, Oblivion, Skyrim, Half Life 2. All my other discs are in separate cases).

"Where the f*** did I put the other disc?"

Flip through the case a few more times.

"I just had it."

Flip through again.

"...s***."

At that moment I realized disc one was already in my computer.

Hahaha, I love it (but also hate it) when that happens. :P

Hahaha, I love it (but also hate it) when that happens. :tongue:

I'm so used to just clicking install from a menu now! Those pesky discs are so easy to lose. :laugh:

And the best news is reinstalling it fixed whatever problem BOSS had. My load order is officially healthy. And I now know which mods have dirty edits. How I missed you BOSS.

Edit: Also Thor, from what little I played of ESO it was enjoyable.

If I had more time for it and enough money I would definitely buy it. MMOs aren't really good for me because I can take a very long time to beat a game, so having to pay a subscription kind of doesn't work for me. I kind of wasted money when I first bought SWTOR.

I don't understand what you mean by pay walls. The video is 58 seconds of talking about how leveling up is like a mix of Elder Scrolls and modern MMO.

God I hate IGN. They had a review for something once and they kept bitching about "2D flowers." The only game I can think of that doesn't have 2D flowers is Pikmin. That game used to piss me off because it was so hard.

Edited by K00L

Yes, ESO is definitely the best MMO I've played, but I still don't think that justifies the price. The game is actually really immersive, which wasn't something I expected from an Elder Scrolls MMO.

All the quests I've done are interesting and varied (unlike Guild Wars 2), the gear looks cool and there is heaps of variety, the graphics eclipse Skyrim's (vanilla) graphics by a mile, and the players are (generally) mature and helpful to one another like a proper community.

... And I'm still not getting it until the price drops. :P

I managed to get this stable in skyrim :D

uExterior Cell Buffer=1024 this is the kicker, mod allows such insane number "safety load".
uGridsToLoad=7
iPreloadSizeLimit=51380224

Edited by Thor.

Oh, that reminds me! Today, I was eating some chips (or fries, if that's what you call it) and was disgusted to mistakenly eat a chip that tasted like the smell of a feral pig. I swear, I nearly vomited, it was that bad.

You lot might not have smelled a feral pig before, but they have an odour you definitely do not associate with eating. Yick.

I have no idea how a chip could possibly taste that way, unless it was off (I didn't exactly study it before I scoffed), someone with piggy hands handled it (probably not), or someone dropped a piece of pig meat into the fryer (unlikely).

So if I get sick soon, that's why.

Edited by billyro