The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Lately I haven't been interested in creating those swords. I'm not sure if it's because I'm back at university now, or if I'm getting sick. :pinch:

I'm binning the Winterwound Dagger because I just don't like it, and I still need to remake Clanbringer. Then, just a few tweaks to the textures here and there, and it should be ready.

Goodnight, K00L.

Edited by billyro

Good night, don't let the bed bugs bite. If you do have bed bugs then you have a real serious problem on yours hands that needs to be taken seriously asap, or your furniture will forever be ruined, also they bite like flees so you may need to take care of that to, costly clean up and pest control.

Edited by Thor.

Remade Clanbringer, finally.

http://puu.sh/79O0r.jpg

That's it! All the swords are done! :D

Now, just a bit more refinement for some of the textures, and I'll think about uploading it. (I might take some more screenshots of the refined textures and show you guys first, but yeah.) It might not be for a few days, though (uni is taking up my time, now).

Come on kids look the nexus has naked ladies!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3sSIxzh-jMg/TtuszNI0tsI/AAAAAAAAN2s/zd_STafsT60/s1600/LindseyStrutt7.jpg

That's almost naked - this is naked:

large.jpg

A tiny bit of censoring was required though, but it's still naked. :thumbsup:

And in other news, I think I figured out why I find the redheads so damn attractive. Ever saw the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"? Well, I watched it a lot when I was a kid (TV stations were out during the war so all I had were recorded movies/cartoons) and it was on TV often while I was growing up. There's this certain redhead in the movie who may have had something to do with it.

In case you never watched it, here's what I mean:

Jessica-Rabbit-08.jpg

Imagine the above in late 80s/early 90s cartoon graphics with a hot voice and seductive body movements.

@billyro Nice blade man. :thumbsup:

Speaking of 3D models, I found one of my old Viking axes I was making for Skyrim which I'll try and finish up one of these days, it was hiding on a flash drive. I really need to get back to 3D modeling, I miss it. :smile:

Edited by Werne

I was asleep now am awake, i had almost no sleep, but i am awake and feeling rested. It felt like 3 hours.

I think you are an insane vampire.

And I finished the axe's mesh, it needed a decent holding stick and a bit of fiddling with it in general. Here's the wireframe render of it:

SagarisRenderWireframe.png

522 polygons, It'll still be under 600 after I'm done with it. I really like the shape this thing has - thin, light and long which looks beautiful, but it also has an aggressive and deadly look as well. It's actually an old Iranian weapon (Sagaris, my mother in law has one on the wall as decoration, hence the idea for a 3D model of it) but the shape makes it fit well with Vikings, Nords and the like.

Anyway, the important thing is - I didn't lose my touch, I can still make good models. :D

Also, it seems that Linux renders faster for some strange reason (bakes normals a lot faster too). Blender 2.49b renders the above axe in 12 seconds on Debian while it takes 21 second on Win7, difference is even larger when baking normals (nearly 3x different). Not sure what the problem is here, I use identical programs with identical settings and identical mesh with identical scene setup and identical hardware (it's the same damn PC with the same damn .blend file). :confused:

By the way, working on this thing feels great with Amon Amarth blasting in the background.http://th699.photobucket.com/albums/vv356/mindfreak_fanz/th_Rock_emoticon.gif

Edited by Werne

Whoa, awesome! That looks very deadly. :D

I like the fact that you're conservative of polys, too. A lot of people throw in a ridiculous amount just for the sake of it, and it does nothing visually and just drains performance (Bethesda is a good example of this - some of their weapons are over 100kb in size (didn't check the poly count) where half that amount would have sufficed). I think your axe head could use just a few more polys though, but other than that, spot on. :smile:

Edited by billyro

Hey i have an idea, try adding bump mapping to your sword and see what happens. With enb's these days there is a feature in skyrim that fixes the antialis textures to look more realistic. With bump mapping that adds to the rigged look to the swords.

Oblivion may benefit from that as well, just simply adding bump mapping to the textures.

Its a crude form of tessellation.

Edited by Thor.

Hey i have an idea, try adding bump mapping to your sword and see what happens. With enb's these days there is a feature in skyrim that fixes the antialis textures to look more realistic. With bump mapping that adds to the rigged look to the swords.

Oblivion may benefit from that as well, just simply adding bump mapping to the textures.

It's the same thing as a normal map, differences are barely visible to anyone other than an experienced 3D modeler. A decent diffuse with a nice normal and specular is perfectly fine for games and the like, see:

SagarisRenderSimple.pngThis one is half-finished with a half-arsed normal/specular and the scene is laid out crappy, which is why it looks sucky. The finished product will be much better. 738 polygons at the moment, used a bit too much on the holding stick (proper term eludes me) but what the hell, it'll at least look better.