The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Just get the student version. It's free and you can do what you wish as long as you don't use it for commercial purposes. The trial lasts for a few years too, and I believe you can also renew it. I've got the student version of 3ds Max 2012 - it's got every single feature and functions exactly the same a licensed version. :smile:

You can download it from Autodesk's website.

Hmm, good point, will try. :thumbsup:

@Thor Star Swarm has been out for a while now, but it's Mantle segment doesn't work with Nvidia hardware, only DX11 (which means my 7770 runs circles around your GTX 780 Ti in Star Swarm despite being a lot weaker :tongue:).

EDIT: I gotta learn three years worth of high school math (technician course math) in about 3 hours. Began 30 minutes ago, right now I understand 70% of given tasks, enough for a decent grade so I shall stop now and enjoy life instead. :smile:

Not judging by the benchmarks, they claim only 15% increase on the gpu side, its main purpose is for older quad core cpu's. Though they say will give the 8350 a 40% increase in performance when mantle goes multi vendor.

I have a older Phenom quad core and a old gt9800 which was a great video card for its time, more then capable of watching 1080P streams. May need to upgrade it to a 7780 in the future.

Old specs Windows 7 oem pro 64bit

AMD phenom 990 4x black edition unlocked not entirely sure on the model name, could be a older model

8gb of ddr2 1100mhz

gt9800 cheap upgrade in the future custom case radeon7780

An old creative sound blaster can't remember the model name

psu a 600watt Corsair modular psu

Mobo a msi single slot 16x basic mobo, sli was out at the time, just beyond reach, prices was beyond my price and build target.

Currently using it as a media box, but has so much potential with mantle.

2008 build.

For the time this system was a beast, and still manages to function to this very day. Not to mention the media HTPC possibilities.

I technically have two gaming rigs. One just waiting for mantle. I do recall paying a hefty amount for that gt9800, It was at the time 700$. Just as much as if you where to get a gtx780 today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_9800

GeForce 9800 GT[edit]

The 9800GT is identical to an 8800GT, although some were manufactured using a 55 nm technology instead of the 65 nm debuted on the 8800GT.[23] Newer (55 nm) version supports HybridPower while 65 nm doesn't.

ASUSTeK have released a 9800GT with Tri-SLI support.[24]

Taken from the Nvidia product detail page.[25]

• 112 Stream Processors
  • 512-1024MB of GDDR3 memory
  • 256-bits Memory Interface Width
  • 600 MHz Graphics Clock
  • 1500 MHz Processor Clock
  • 900 MHz Memory Clock
  • Texture Fill Rate (billion/s) 33.6
  • Memory Bandwidth (GB/s) 57.6
  • DirectX 10, Shader Model 4.0, OpenGL 3.3, and PCI-Express 2.0.
  • Supports 2nd generation PureVideo HD technology with partial VC1 decoding.
Edited by Thor.

I'm tired but it's not that late really. Not even 9:00 yet. Dunno what to do...