The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I missed Pagafyr's thinking as well, :dance: , finally i am no longer alone in here :woot:

--------------

Is 3mb/s good connection, my isp is trying to pull a fast one i believe when it comes to downloading, the technician he honestly tried to bull crap on me about how 3mb/s is the fastest download rate when you have a 27mbit connection.

I need a download calculator to see if he's right or not. Scratches head, i have current a 50mbit connection but thats being used for Fibe tv which i am getting rid of at the end of the month.

Interesting. I have a wondered if we could actually upload a file from our computer at 100 Mbps and if the CPU could deliver it as fast as the Internal 10/100 Mbps LAN card can manage.

Schools out. The Internet is sluggish when school is out because more children these days are playing MMO's.

I have had 4 different ISPs. Each was selling me the idea of faster internet. They like our money.

Maybe it's time we should turn the table around and start selling them some stuff?

Yes the true speed lays with Independent isp's, they don't throttle. A friend of mine knows someone who switched, he says he's getting ridiculous speeds uncapped.. I think he means faster then 3 mb/sec download speeds thats for sure.

I tested the download rate on several devices to make sure it wasn't wlan adapter being silly.

Speed test tells me i am getting the full 27mbps download rate, 10mbps up.

Edited by Thor.

Ah, you lucky people with more than one choice of ISP.

I believe that back when I switched to the different ISP's I was trying to find the one with the least amount of customers so I didn't get bumped, by overcrowding on the services DSlam modems, while visiting the forums and downloading mods. :devil: They were all buying from only one phone company who had a monopoly on the backbone supplying the entire state for every city within the states borders. :devil: Now that fiber optics is available in some areas, anyone with some money can buy some of the backbone provided from FO lines. Anyone got a couple of million dollars they dare to invest? :ermm:

Yes the true speed lays with Independent isp's, they don't throttle. A friend of mine knows someone who switched, he says he's getting ridiculous speeds uncapped.. I think he means faster then 3 mb/sec download speeds thats for sure.

I tested the download rate on several devices to make sure it wasn't wlan adapter being silly.

Speed test tells me i am getting the full 27mbps download rate, 10mbps up.

Good test speed. Now if the site you are downloading from is free of hops over several sources which aren't trafficking through other ISP repeaters you could get at least 14 Mbps downloads. Due to loads on their server, hops, and DSlam congestion at the ISP the speeds may not always be sustained as fast as possible. Even cellular can't download as fast as the available speeds when they have to redirect traffick because of DSlam overcrowding.

Have you tried changing your regedit settings to cut out latency because of server delays?

Hey thanks for the input, how do you go about doing that in Windows 7??, the thing is i wish i was getting 14mbps, but i'm literally capped around 3mb/s download exactly. Very much seems like a cap on their end.

Edited by Thor.