The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Welp... My craptop can't handle The Witcher 2 on low lower than low settings (maybe if I play it in an even crappier resolution). I'll finish that game sometime! :laugh:

Yeah, I had to have everything on lowest settings and 1280x720 resolution, and it still struggled to get 30-40 frames most of the time. I think it's just a poorly optimised game. That, or the fact you can't remove foliage in the graphic settings (all that grass is probably the main culprit).

I sincerely hope The Witcher 3 runs better.

Where's Wally...? :laugh:

<snip>

It has been so long since I've seen a Where's Wally book. But, it appears that my eyeballs have not become weak! :tongue:

Ooohh, that brings back memories.

On the stairs, top floor, next to the guy with the cowboy hat and facemask

:laugh:

:D

Edited by billyro

I figured out how to get my poor computer to let its hardware perform at its best. I started the game, Pressed the Left Alt button and the Tab at the same time. The game went into stasis on the toolbar. After I got done with the following I just clicked on the icon on the toolbar, the game popped back into the screen, and I played happily for many hours.

I did a Cntrl, Alt, Del; Started the Task Manager. I clicked on the tab "Processes", Right clicked on the games and in the opened menu I clicked on "Set Process Priority" and clicked the next priority up, "Above Normal". Then one by one I gave my video card controls, and all processes that support gaming the same priority setting. My game ran smooth for the better part of an hour.

Then one of those Update functions kicked on and knocked the game out. I gave it my full attention and made sure that the little updater, and any of the others are turned off for a month, before I started up the game again. I had to go and set them all the Process Priority, "AboveNormal" again. I did just like before. I had the video up and able to play the game again. Put it in stasis while I did the Set Process Priority to, "Above Normal" I played online for 3 full hours before my software analysis device knocked out the game because it was time for it to check the computer for problems. I'd shut it off too, but I'd rather not.

Yeah, I had to have everything on lowest settings and 1280x720 resolution, and it still struggled to get 30-40 frames most of the time. I think it's just a poorly optimised game. That, or the fact you can't remove foliage in the graphic settings (all that grass is probably the main culprit).

I sincerely hope The Witcher 3 runs better.

1280x720 was what I was trying to run it at. I don't want to have to play in a tiny window (or a very very ugly fullscreen) so I guess I'll have to wait until I get that new computer someday... maybe.

I definitely think some graphical options are missing; there's plenty of other games that my laptop can handle on medium to medium-high settings without running like a slideshow if I disable/lower certain settings. Of course I turned off everything in The Witcher 2, and turned on the dangling particle limit and texture downscaling, so if I want to play it on my laptop I'm going to have to go for lower resolution.

Witcher 2 was indeed a game to push system to the limit, on uber settings even my rig has some fps hick ups maxed out. 50 to 90fps depending on whats happening around. i think its the ram needs upgrading, or might just upgrade to the best of the best amd cpu. The 8350 is the bottle neck i think.

You get lows of 50 fps and you say you need to upgrade? :dry:

Hey did you know on the xbone 1 you have to pay for every single update m$ or third party comes out, makes you wonder if they have to pay for firmware updates to. M$ gouging players at every corner.

Playstation the only thing you pay for is psplus.

Edited by Thor.

Hey did you know on the xbone 1 you have to pay for every single update m$ or third party comes out, makes you wonder if they have to pay for firmware updates to. M$ gouging players at every corner.

Playstation the only thing you pay for is psplus.

Where did you hear that?

Don't get me wrong, I much prefer Sony over Microsoft (except for them rejecting EA Access, I mean really... Stupid decision no matter how you look at it. It wouldn't compete with PS Plus since Plus is required for multiplayer on the PS4, and saying no and letting it become an exclusive for your biggest competitor? Really dumb, especially if it does well) , but I doubt that's true.