The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I don't really get headaches, but on the other hand, my height causes me to lose my vision for about 30 seconds after standing up. Not sure if it's a decent tradeoff or not.

Also, anyone know what sort of languages are grammatically comparable to Finnish? I've heard that it's somehow fundamentally different from other Scandinavian tongues.

I was happy at 6ft so you can have those extra 3 inches. :tongue:

... That sounded weird.

I recently moved to Western Australia so I don't have to deal with the insects as much. There are lots more flies (and march flies) but mosquitoes, sand flies (grrrr), paper wasps, rhino beetles, cane beetles, and all the other stuff - nup! I noticed that you posted on my Skyrim ENB so I gather you're Australian too?

If my back ever becomes bad then I'll be sure to see a chiropractor or something, but for now, it's not noticeable unless I have to lean down for an extended period (like using the leaf blower, doing the dishes, picking up scattered lego from the floor, etc.)

Heh, I gladly accept (no more step ladder). Yep I am an Australian. Those Sand flies, ugh. Wish they would just go fly away and take all the other nasty little creepy crawlies. Ah, well that is good then. Gotta trust lego: you'll either step on it or have to pick it up, in both instances, not fun. :laugh:

I don't really get headaches, but on the other hand, my height causes me to lose my vision for about 30 seconds after standing up. Not sure if it's a decent tradeoff or not.

That sounds... bad. :o

Here's an interesting fact. The United States Marine Corps, at one time, only accepted men no less than 5 feet 10 inches tall and every male above that height too.

Anyone know who the tallest military male was, ever, in history. I read online a moment ago that, "Napoleon Bonaparte" was 5 foot 6 inches tall?

I have heard people telling stories, which aren't confirmed, that, Napoleons height, on record, was a 7 inch exaggeration.

:rolleyes:

There's tall tale flying overhead about some reason for Halloween being Halloween instead of those other somber reasons.

What's your family tradition on All Hallows Eve, Hallow 'en, Samhain, All Souls Eve, or Halloween?

:laugh: curtain stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

Applause, Applause.

Encore!

Sometimes if I stood up abruptly, I would get this really powerful head swim which would nearly make me fall over and blur my vision. Same thing? I don't really get that any more so I don't know what I did to stop it, though.

Also nah, I'm not familiar with other language grammar, sorry.

If only I could get Skyrim to run at a constant 20 FPS. That probably sounds horrifying to some people, but 20 FPS is much better than when it dips down to 10-16. :tongue:

Edited by K00L

If only I could get Skyrim to run at a constant 20 FPS. That probably sounds horrifying to some people, but 20 FPS is much better than when it dips down to 10-16. :tongue:

Yeah... you should probably upgrade. :P

Also, remember that time when you said Wynne on Heroes of Dragon Age wasn't very good? I recommend levelling her up to at least level 70, because she will be awesome then. I've got Ariane to nearly level 80, and she obliterates (seriously, she usually eliminates the back row in 1 hit if she does double-damage). Also, Oghren is level 50 and so far he's been a tank as well (he's going to be a beast at level 80), and even though he is the same level as Carver (an epic) he has nearly double the amount of health and deals far more damage (especially if he has been hit a few times - he gains power when he gets hit).

So yes, level Wynne up lots because legendaries become legendary at high levels. :)

K00L, how many desktop icon shortcuts do you have displayed on your monitor?

Ten, I don't like to keep shortcuts usually. Mostly because I've seen my mom's computer after my youngest brother got a hold of it. There's like at least fifty things on her desktop.

Yeah... you should probably upgrade. :tongue:

Also, remember that time when you said Wynne on Heroes of Dragon Age wasn't very good? I recommend levelling her up to at least level 70, because she will be awesome then. I've got Ariane to nearly level 80, and she obliterates (seriously, she usually eliminates the back row in 1 hit if she does double-damage). Also, Oghren is level 50 and so far he's been a tank as well (he's going to be a beast at level 80), and even though he is the same level as Carver (an epic) he has nearly double the amount of health and deals far more damage (especially if he has been hit a few times - he gains power when he gets hit).

So yes, level Wynne up lots because legendaries become legendary at high levels. :smile:

Yes, I'll get around to it eventually. :laugh:

I'll skip out on ranting about this since I did type it out but it was long and not really a happy subject. I'll just say that I was encouraged to purchase this laptop and Office, only to discover I wasn't allowed to use it in my college (and I still had a working PC back then so the laptop was a complete waste), and that I apparently had about $19,000 stolen from me ($13,000 of it I didn't ever know existed).

I've been trying to level her up and she is getting better. The healing thing is pretty nice. She heals everyone by %25 of something if I remember right (her attack? Their health? I don't know).

K00L, how many desktop icon shortcuts do you have displayed on your monitor?

Ten, I don't like to keep shortcuts usually. Mostly because I've seen my mom's computer after my youngest brother got a hold of it. There's like at least fifty things on her desktop.

The reason I asked K00L is because they use up Videocard RAM and MoBo RAM even while you're playing a game. If I did not need them I deleted them. If I could not live without them, when playing a videogame, I put them in a folder I could extract them from when I was done playing the game. It was a good practice when I had a limited amount of video card RAM. The FPS was stable if not faster.

MORE! MORE! On STEAM

Running Steam as an Administrator

For Windows Vista, 7, and 8:
Completely exit Steam
Right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam
Select "Run as Administrator."
For Windows XP:
Exit Steam completely.
Go to the "Start" menu, select "Run", type "regedit" and click "OK".
Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VALVE
Right click and select "Permissions"
Check the "Allow" boxes for "Admin" and "System" for both "Full control" and
"Read".
Flushing your Steam application files
You can reset the Steam application's files to rule out a few potential causes
of this issue.
Exit Steam.
Open Internet Explorer, Safari or Firefox and type steam://flushconfig then
press Enter. (If asked to allow this website to open a program, please click
'Allow' or 'OK')
When prompted by Steam to reset your configuration, please click 'OK' to
confirm.
Once done, log in to Steam and re-test the issue.
If you have multiple installation folders for games doing this process will
remove them. You will need to add the folders again in Steam so that your
games will appear as installed.
In order to add the folders back to Steam, try the following:
Open Steam
Click Steam > Settings (Preferences on Mac)
Navigate to the 'Downloads' tab
Click the 'Steam Library Folders' button
Click on 'Add Library Folder' and add the directory that contains your games
Click 'OK'
Restart Steam
Verifying your game files
If you still encounter this issue after completing all of the troubleshooting
steps listed above, please try verifying your game files. When verifying your
game files, Steam may report that one or more filed have failed to verify.
This is normal and the message can be safely ignored