The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Thanks for those tips Pagafyr. I cleared off the few icons I had to see if it would have any effect but it didn't. I've already done the running Steam as an administrator thing. I turned off the overlay too. I can deal with it though. I'm pretty used to things running crappy on my laptop. :tongue:

I just saw a pretty good movie, Stonehearst Asylum. It was based (expanded upon a good bit though) on a short story by Edgar Allen Poe. The movie was actually labeled as horror on DirecTV but that wasn't true at all (though to be fair it was also tagged with suspense which was more along the lines of how the movie felt). It was really good even though I wasn't entirely sure what to expect.

K00L have you used the specified settings for your video card, particularly for the game you're playing, provided at the STEAM Forums as well? :sweat:

ย 

Stonehearst Asylum ? I checked it out on Google. I watched Mercy last evening.

ย 

http://liljas-library.com/img/other/mercy_itunes2.jpg

ย 

I am struggling with the idea to start reading a book by Chuck Palahniuk titled "Damned", IMO; E. A. Poes strengths are in his gloomy moods. Suspense is probably proper. Seems the critics these days think anything with a psychological twist is a Horror film. Since I was born in October a bunch of people I have known seemed to think I enjoyed being scared out of my wits. I have learned they are more inclined to be Scaredy Cats than I ever was.

I think my laptop is set to do an automatic de-frag every so often because last time I went to do it I didn't need to. I don't think it's suddenly running poorly though, I think that maybe because I accidentally pressed the key to show FPS that I saw just how bad it was. I stopped using my monitor and it seems like it only drops to 16 now, so that's a bit better.
And yeah, I run it on low (except for textures which I set to medium since setting it to low didn't seem to have an impact).
Anyway, doesn't really matter. I'm quite used to it by now, I guess seeing how low it got was kind of shocking though. :tongue:

I tried Dragon Age Keep today and I'm satisfied. It seems like it covers a lot more than the comic book save things for Mass Effect did. That was what worried me, but now I don't think I'll have to play through DAO and DAII again.

I've still got my last home built PC. The Nvidia GeForce 660 Ti video card keeps plugging along like an old railroad train climbing a steep hill. In the past, videocards updates/patches and stuff were often as much the problem as was a card getting old and burning out. I've found a real lifer bundled this time. The MoBo, Intel CPU, and 16 Gb of RAM that support the video card are old. It's past its 5 year prime and still STEAMing away.

Railroad trains used to run on STEAM power. :laugh:

I'd have to dig out my old computer to play DA: O. I think it's buried in the pile of computers out in the garage I put together from garage sale parts.

It's almost midnight Mountain Daylight Savings Time here. :pinch: Which makes it really only eleven PM Mountain Standard Time. :geek: It's no wonder all the family, and friends, Spirits lingering on Earth haven't visited me in many years. :no: It is probably because when the veil between the living and the spirit world is lifted it's actually midnight for them. :huh: They weren't alive when Daylight Savings Time was established. :huh:

ย 

Plus; I may be asleep when the veil between the living and the spirit world is lifted so they are able to stop by. There I am sleeping away and they look on :ohdear:. :armscrossed: That's no good! :down:

ย 

That is, if that were true that there is a veil between the living and the spirits of the deads living place now, than it would be a problem we'd have to resolve. Stay up another hour or find some way to lift the veil at eleven p.m. standard time. :facepalm:

:laugh:

ย 

Happy Halloween! :woot:

Halloween is over.

I fell asleep while waiting for standard time midnight,

which is one a.m. Daylight savings time, and

I had a sleep dream where I was helping someone with their car's.

I think I heard some repeated shop talk.

Apparently there was more than one car

and the guy wanted them all modified the same way.

I definitely heard, "You have too many cars."

:laugh: Stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

Applause, Applause.

Encore!