The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Low framerate makes combat in Unity almost impossible, but everything else is okay despite the poor performance.

-SNIP-

I definitely will. I'm at 331 now so this event should finish it up quickly. I'm kind of stuck on the main quest and mastery though.

Now I don't feel as upset for not getting a legendary yet. :laugh:

I've got 25 gems at the moment. Quite a far cry from 331! :tongue:

The mastery quests aren't as rewarding any more, I find. In the long run, getting units to consume via the Nexus events is better for charging up units, while gems are aplenty from the main events anyway.

-SNIP-

That's true. The thing is the newest game I've played on here (besides indie games, but all of the ones I play on my laptop are 2D) is Skyrim. I've been meaning to get a new computer for a long time now so maybe it's time to just do it.

That's how ME3's multiplayer was. I want to go play that kind of. I loooooove my Geth trooper. :tongue:

On the whole, Skyrim is poorly optimised, though. The Frostbite 3 Engine is apparently much more stable, which is what Dragon Age Inquisition will be using. Might count for something? :)

I kinda wish you could create your own character for multiplayer though. It would be much easier to get invested in it with a bit more personal flair. Oh well, from the sounds of it, you'll be able to customise equipment and other stuff like that which is still good.

I've got 25 gems at the moment. Quite a far cry from 331! :tongue:

The mastery quests aren't as rewarding any more, I find. In the long run, getting units to consume via the Nexus events is better for charging up units, while gems are aplenty from the main events anyway.

It took much mental strength to not spend them immediately. :laugh:

I agree, but quite a few of my gems came from mastery quests. I think I'm stuck now though, the battle says easy but both times I tried it I lost. Time to break out some runes maybe...

Once I have my gems I'll probably do the Nexus events more.

On the whole, Skyrim is poorly optimised, though. The Frostbite 3 Engine is apparently much more stable, which is what Dragon Age Inquisition will be using. Might count for something? :smile:

I kinda wish you could create your own character for multiplayer though. It would be much easier to get invested in it with a bit more personal flair. Oh well, from the sounds of it, you'll be able to customise equipment and other stuff like that which is still good.

That's true. The best test of this would be to try and run Battlefield 4 I suppose. I think Origin has a demo or something like that.

I somewhat agree, but I thought the same about the multiplayer in ME at first too. You got to pick your characters' colors in that, I wonder if DA:I will have the same option. I hope they add as many characters and maps and stuff as they did for ME as well. And hopefully free. Which I assume they will do since they seem to have it set up so much like ME.

Edited by K00L

...I got my 342 gem pack in Heroes of Dragon Age.
I got two rares, Templar Recruit Alistair and Slave Fenris.
I got four giant epics, Athenril, First Enchanter Orsino (again), and Grey Warden Bethany (again).
My one legendary was, surprise, another mage. Uldred.
I'm not sure I'm happy with this.

...I got my 342 gem pack in Heroes of Dragon Age.

I got two rares, Templar Recruit Alistair and Slave Fenris.

I got four giant epics, Athenril, First Enchanter Orsino (again), and Grey Warden Bethany (again).

My one legendary was, surprise, another mage. Uldred.

I'm not sure I'm happy with this.

Ah, Uldred. I think he was released as a unit only about a month ago, so you're probably one of the few to have him. He's a blood mage though so he'll probably do a lot more damage than Wynne does.

As for Orsino and Bethany, if you're not planning on using them, I'd recommend not combining them with your current ones for a tier up, and instead use them separately for fortifying. If you fortified Uldred with an Orsino, Orsino, Bethany and Bethany, he'll probably get an extra 1000 health and 500 damage.

Ah, Uldred. I think he was released as a unit only about a month ago, so you're probably one of the few to have him. He's a blood mage though so he'll probably do a lot more damage than Wynne does.

As for Orsino and Bethany, if you're not planning on using them, I'd recommend not combining them with your current ones for a tier up, and instead use them separately for fortifying. If you fortified Uldred with an Orsino, Orsino, Bethany and Bethany, he'll probably get an extra 1000 health and 500 damage.

I'll probably keep Orsino for a bit because he seemed quite good in the last event. He's immune to power drain, gains power when allies are attacked, and heals himself when he attacks.

Bethany though, she doesn't seem as useful anymore. The epic giants will definitely be going to fortifying, or at least all but one depending on if I find one to be better than my bronto.

The entire West Coast must have signed on to finish/start downloading DA: Inquisition. Again, I managed to get another half hour of download time before the Hiccup. The download made it all the way to 56% this time. The hiccup occurred and sent it all the way back to 48%. The server must had got so many calls for the download, just like this morning, a half an hour before the west coast could start downloading the game I got to 36% and the hiccup sent it back to 28%.

My CPU was hitting 12.9% usage at the max, seldom did it drop below 3.0%. The hiccup began as if some mysterious spirit sneaked up on me and stole the wind out of the Network connection. It seemed to stall my computer from downloading anymore. :sad:

I'll give it another rest and see if I can finish in two more runs. Then next one will be about a half an hour after everyone on the west coast puts the gaming machines to bed.

I wish I could start downloading Inquisition. I can't even start downloading until the 21st, which probably means I won't be able to play until the 22nd because it'll be downloading all night. There is a way to bypass it but it requires assistance from someone in Europe or America since those countries get priority (unfair).

Also, I saw a cute setup on Heroes of Dragon Age today. Someone had King Maric and Grand Enchanter Fiona side-by-side, and for those who don't know, they are

Alistair's parents. You can read about it in the book, Dragon Age: The Calling.

EDIT: Argh, Assassin's Creed had an update today - about 700MB. I was hoping it would improve performance... but it actually made my performance worse by about 10 frames. :wallbash:

When will Ubisoft get it right?

EDIT 2: Well, aside from the framerate issues, Unity is by far the best Assassin's Creed game to date. I have no idea why the reviews are rating it so low...

Edited by billyro