The last poster wins

TheCalliton

There is a time limit indeed, but what happens when people have upgraded? When the ones without full partition backups are trapped with Windows 10? There is no such thing as a free lunch with M$. :rolleyes:

Also, I think I win! (for now) :teehee:

It was lonely here after my last post I thought all of you were going to drop out of the fun!

You made such a nice post and you really deserved to win! :laugh:

I will never join you, Vader Windows 10! When 7 is no longer to be found anywhere I´m going Linux!

Windows 3.1 was open source. When I got a computer from a garage sale with it installed it made me feel Glad All Over.

I was forced to upgrade to windows 10 or else, grrr i dislike it already. But i am stuck with it now. Did you know there is a time limit till you have to buy windows 10. I knew they would do that, never free with M$.

Do not use the Restore function in the standard settings!

Windows 10 had, an entirely different RESTORE bundled in with it. Not the one set up in the tools but a separate version button that is installed and was available for 30 days, with the Windows 10 installation, to it's set up.

Had!

Back when they gave the OS to all of us who had a previous licenced version of Windows 7 through 8.1.

I don't know for sure, but it may still be in the Windows 10 set up. When I got Windows 10 it gave us 30, (28 is what I suspected would be the actual allowance) days to decide to keep Window 10 or restore it completely to the previous version OS,

Check and if that doesn't help try the complaint department. A woman actually won a case against M$. I didn't read it all because I have a backup Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with all the ways it could be updated turned off. There is no way in 7734 I will even connect it to the Internet, with that Back Up; because it has mods I built and I mean I had to struggle, to learn how to mod while Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit were the OS's. Those bits of mods I have, are, in my opinion, are like trophies defining my meager attempt at learning when I was nearly 60 years old.

Believe me! If I had lost those bits and pieces of mods I made, I would probably just laid back and never touched a computer again.

It was lonely here after my last post I thought all of you were going to drop out of the fun!

You made such a nice post and you really deserved to win! :laugh:

I will never join you, Vader Windows 10! When 7 is no longer to be found anywhere I´m going Linux!

Thank you! :laugh: Now you win!

I was forced to upgrade to windows 10 or else, grrr i dislike it already. But i am stuck with it now. Did you know there is a time limit till you have to buy windows 10. I knew they would do that, never free with M$.

There is no time limit to buy it. There is only a time limit to upgrade. But if you already upgraded to Windows 10 once, you can downgrade again and later upgrade whenever you want (except you change your mainboard, then you need a new license)

So if you want to stay with your old windows, upgrade once to windows 10, see if it is activated, then you can downgrade again. Then you can later upgrade again whenever you want. But don't forget to deactivcate GWX when you downgrade to prevent an automatic upgrade again.

I upgraded, but also have Linux Mint as a second OS.

There is no time limit to buy it. There is only a time limit to upgrade. But if you already upgraded to Windows 10 once, you can downgrade again and later upgrade whenever you want (except you change your mainboard, then you need a new license)

So if you want to stay with your old windows, upgrade once to windows 10, see if it is activated, then you can downgrade again. Then you can later upgrade again whenever you want. But don't forget to deactivcate GWX when you downgrade to prevent an automatic upgrade again.

I upgraded, but also have Linux Mint as a second OS.

:confused: niphilim222 might appreciate Directions to do the function switch to "downgrade" (Restore) to a previous version and turn off the GWX would be appreciated.

To late, they have though managed to countdown timer and GWX was on. I was speechless about that you are running a outdated version of windows, please upgrade to windows 10 prompt. You have 29 days till you can not download windows 10 for free.

Edited by niphilim222