The last poster wins

TheCalliton

It seemed like an hour had passed. When I looked up from the monitor I could see out the windows. It was dark and cloudy. I remember the woman who I had been helping saying that she did not know anyone who knew how to get into the safe mode. I helped her figure out how. I told to click on, "Start". She interrupted, "Left mouse button or right mouse button?" I instinctively told her the left mouse button.

I was about speak when she said, "Windows 10 is already running and when I clicked on start the list popped up."

I calmly asked her to look for the word, "Settings".

I don't know where that is.

I wanted to remind her I could remotely connect to her computer and do all the work for her, but she froze me out the last time I offered. Instead I said, "Look at the left of your monitor at the list of words there and find the word, 'Settings'".

I have to click on the icon to start again.

Ok.

There. There it is! I knew I had seen that before.

I pondered the clock and saw we were well into 20 minutes and the session should have only taken 20 minutes. Giving her the information and then waiting for her get her mind out of the marveling mode studying everything on the monitors screen was taking up the hour quickly. If she had let me hook up to her computer remotely I could have found the problem and gotten her back to sending her daughter her favorite recipe for the families favorites quickly. As it was; just getting her to find and click on three icons so she would trigger the three switches was eating up the clock.

$130.00 an hour. I wasn't getting a lot done.

There!

I about jumped out of my seat when she spoke. I could not see what she had done. All I could hope for was that she would tell me.

I found it.

Ok. I was about to say click on and I stopped. What did you find? Remember I cannot see what you are looking at from my room in the office so you need to tell me what you see and what you do.

I could hear her making sounds of frustration and I sensed she was about to unload a bunch of profanities. What did you find?

I found settings.

Ok. I paused to remind myself she would ask what mouse button to push if I didn't make the effort to tell her. Press the left mouse button to open settings.

I heard her fussing.

Ok. It opened a new window. Now what?

Look for Update & Security and then go down the list and Press the left mouse button to open Recovery.

I don't want to do that!

I stammered; you need to, to get to the Safe Mode.

I don't want to start that reinstall stuff! That will keep me from sending my baby the dinner recipes.

I immediately switch tactics. That will make it so you will be able to get done in ten minutes.

Oh! Fine! But it has taken a half an hour already.

I know. Bare with me. We only have a couple more steps and you'll be able to do what you need to and in ten minutes you will be able to send your daughter the dinner recipe.

She was getting brain strain because of the effect of seeing so much and marveling about it unconsciously like a baby does with new toy. I paused and took a deep breath.

What are you doing.

I'm ready. Now click on Recovery.

Which button?

Press the left mouse button. I wanted to say child at the end of the directive, but I feared I would regret it.

Now what?

I wanted her to stop ogling the screen while I was talking to her on the headset. Find Advanced Settings.

Got it!

Go down the list to...

Hello? Hello?

The line had gone dead. I looked at the time clock. Ten more minutes and she would have been in the safe mode.

The phone rang.

Sorry. I clicked on the wrong button. I accidentally hung up the phone.

I felt relieved and as I got my attention reset I realized I was stressed out.

We'll have to start over because I accidentaly shut off the computer too.

Two hours later, after she had two more breakdowns she figured out how to get to Safe Mode.

She was all excited and began giving air high fives when I heard the bell to her house's door chime.

Someone's at the door.

Can you take it from here now?

Sure!

Good.

Oh! God I think someone is breaking into my front door.

Suddenly I heard a loud thump.

I paused a couple of seconds to listen for any exciting sounds before I pressed the intercom to open another line to call 911. I heard another loud thump. I tapped #9 and 9... SURPRISE!

I heard her expressing joy while talking. I was going to send you the recipes for dinner. What are you doing here?

I could hear another womans voice. We decided to surprise you and come have thanksgiving dinner with you.

I shut off the time clock. I talked to see if I could get her attention. She apparently had gotten up. She was too far away to hear in all the excitement. After five minutes I closed the line and shut down the office board room intercom system.

I looked around the empty space at the empty table and empty chairs.

Everyone had gone home for Thanksgiving.

I picked up the revolver. Rolled the chamber around without looking at it. Pointed it at my head. Pulled the trigger. The round exploded from the chamber and the bullet bounced off my head.

I looked at the nerf toy and reloaded it.

I sat back in my adjustable lounge office chair. Looked at the target on the table and fired the nerf bullet at it. YEAH!

Bulls Eye!

I WIN!

:happy: Getting Windows 10 safe mode isn't walk in the park, you have to enable it through windows 10 before it works. that kind of defeats the purpose, especially if you can't get into Windows 10 in the first place :geek: :verymad:

it botches itself :turned:

This forum is getting wierder by the day :turned:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5093895-annunaki-characters-jess-looksmenu-preset/&do=findComment&comment=44876650 What the heck :unsure: :psyduck: With your reviewing pyramids and stuff, i don't like it. Going out of my comfort zone.

HA HA i had to download it. :huh: I had to do some research myself on the subject to. :huh: , the fact the first poster understood that it was Alien :huh: .Back to some Fallout 4 with a wierd yet cute preset.

Edited by niphilim222

No problem, i am getting interested in the subject, things on earth is weirder then it might seem.

No my pc is fine, Windows 10 hasn't crashed on me yet to warrent a investigation into the safe mode.

its a must tweak first before you do anything on Windows 10 though.

here is a step by step on how to get it to work for you. You shouldn't have to go through hoops for the safe mode, it angers me. :verymad: :geek:

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1013074/

Edited by niphilim222

Great! I am glad you found comfort again.

In numbers of events all occurring within a few months of each other as the Earth cools above those terrains and warms up below. Yeah!

Earthquakes.

Tired, disenchanted, and at the same time eager to go to the prom Toby stood in shower of water heated just right to clean and remove the stress of the last work day. Graduation HERE I COME!

Out in the Kitchen his Dad and Mom were cooking up a storm as they passively agressively glowed as they talked about their lads future.

The youth enthusiastic cry made them feel like teen age children them self. Edna looked at Jeff and smiled. Remember what we were doing on... when our graduation was upon us. Jeff's grin was like the Cheshire cat's in Alice in Wonderland. He looked at Edna, After Toby's gone you wanna do it again?

Edna face got the glow on like the night she and he lost their virginity together in the shower in his folks basement shower. Yeah! Remember that old sign on the shower door?

Save water! Shower together!

The flat Arizona breeze kindly gave them both a gentle brush of warm night air filtered through the sliding glass door bug screen.

Ooh! Oh! The pan! Edna pulled back from the long kiss. Jeff moved the pan so it's content slid back and forth so it would not burn the mushroom burger preparations.

I'm gonna be a big star; tonight. The lyrics swam from the shower powered up like an amplifier from a music center as Toby sang his favorite tune.

Hey! Hey! You two, I'm standing here. Mom, Dad, how do I look?

After parting lips and sharing chuckles with Arizona life listening in they both turned to Toby. His Mom stood still. His Dad walked over to him. I think the tie, pointing at the two leather strands hanging down from his collar, are a little too long. Toby looked down and his Dad whipped his finger up and caught him under the nose.

Gotcha! Come ere. The two hugged. Edna stood nearby; eyes tearing up. She moved in to get into a threesome hug. My son. All grown up. Toby blushed. Aw Mom I'll never leave you and Dad alone. I'll just bring Beth home and we'll move into my bedroom. The laughter sent Edna's joyful tears flying.

Mom! I just had a shower. Hurriedly Toby slipped out the handkerchief from his back pocket. Wiping his Mom tears.

The air stood still and hugged them all under the blue sky over their Aloe Vera Farm.

I'm still searching for a place that hasn't been trampled by tourist crowds in awhile. I want to see if in their leavings they might of loosened a few rocks covering an opening, like doorways, or an entrance to a hole to another cave or ancient tunnel which hasn't been seen or used in centuries.

Several Earth quakes in the last couple of months have been deep under the surface lands and have done the job thousands of tourists could have. Earthquakes remove my delayed desires. Tourism can often accidentally bring to our attention places on or in the Earth over time, tourists moving over the land can take hundreds of years to loosen Earth while Earthquakes are a lot faster and make for many uncharted entry ways outside the governments protected domains in national parks.

So many people moving across the treasures of many ancient peoples have caused caused the ground beneath their feet to crumble as they passed over, caused large stones to shift or get jostled lose that no one could see or find a key stone to unlock them, and tourists caused little avalanches leaving in their wake openings no one has seen since... Not Aliens, to anyone on Earth, but relatives of ours, and their homes that haven't been seen since our ancient ancestors built and lived in modern homes in mountains, tunnels, and underground too.

Archaeologists are probably pulling their hair out knowing that untrained, uncaring, and freelance treasure hunters are already crawling over the Earth around where the avalanches occurred recently.

Can you feel the Earth shifting under the weight of artifact hunters, seeking Fame and Fortune, as they all move stealthily toward all those new cracks in the Earths terrain?

I WIN! AGAIN!

My method of writing is not unique, different, but not unique.

Ah! Would your armor protect a human body from being crushed under a round boulder that rolled down a tunnel following the wearer of your armor as they try desperately to out run it to get out of the tunnel while trying to escape with an ancient artifact?

I WIN! AGAIN!