The last poster wins

TheCalliton

The fact is the version of NVidia card I have runs all the settings set to high and Ultra-high. The picture is so clear when I put my face up to the monitor it looks like I am looking through a clean window instead of appearing to become blurred pixels that distort the image.

I have had my eyes one inch from the monitor and could not see a pixel blur, only a greasy smear where I had touched the screen with my finger. No matter where I am sitting looking at the picture, it has the same clear view.

I told you already what video card I bought and you said you wanted to save money so you brought the cheaper video card. Enjoy twisting knobs and changing dials, and enjoy trying to improve the FPS.

I spent the extra money, I put money in the pocket of people who work for the stores, and Nvidia's pockets so they could eat. I am glad I did.

Anything I see on the monitor is clear and perfect no matter from where I look at it. Those stone cavern walls are bad because the maker chose a stone surface that looked OK on their equipment, that a 4K system sees much more clearly and shows it like a wall of splattered little specks of paint on white wash.

It is Bethesda's and Zenimax's mistake, not NVIDIA's.

I've not had to tweak anything. FPS is constantly the best it can be.

I've only had to add the Skyrim Script Extender because some of the mods require it.

In my case I stuffed money where I wouldn't touch it for fear I would anger the spirits in the Gamer's grave yard.

I kept putting up with all the little problems, you keep mentioning, and a computer that had a MoBo that was outdated five years before 2011.

I picked the best this time around. Muawah a ha a ha ha haaa.

:laugh:

And now that I fixed the problem with the words "Level Up" stuck on the screen, I'm going to go play for an hour or so.

I'm using the special edition, with such head room. You should try the SE edition witht he tweak. You might be surprised. It would dp to 30fps with no reason behind it. I get a silky smooth 60fps everywhere.

its also a ini tweak that disables v-sync skyrim side. Only se has that feature.

You can import older mods like skin over to the special edition.

HD and looks good.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73853/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D73853&pUp=1

and the hair

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68311/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D68311&pUp=1

Edited by niphilim222

The bad walls appeared again when entering large tunnels and stone halls. Sickly looking patch work.

No lag, no latency, no interruption in FPS.

The waters flow, dust clouds the air, dirt falls from the ceiling and walls, and flame pots and torches flames look almost real enough that they might burn.

No sluggish fps or FPS. Just smooth movement all the time.

I'm going to go start up the Special Edition and see if having the SKSE makes a difference with it.

No matter. The Special Edition worked this time.

All nice and new. No land swimming around when I moved the mouse around. No cave wall color problems. No mods loaded. Some of the mods from the old game would be nice, but they don't appear to be in the STEAM list anymore and they needed the SKSE.

Oh! Well. STEAM is stocked with lots of mods. Or if I must have the mods I am used to I can try to play the old version of Skyrim.

Nah!

So now to continue and see what else in the Special Edition is new.