The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Brand new home in the plans WIN!

New built or new to you? Will it be in the same area where you are now?

It depends on what I can get for a lot I have to trade.

Do you mind if I ask a lot of what?

I have a lot that is 125 feet x 35 feet of spacious land with a modern Ice house built back in the early 1800's to support the needs of travelers who stayed at motel for the travelers. They arrived on stage coaches that brought them to the motel after they disembarked from the Steam boats at Fort Benton, MT and arrived here to get aboard another steam boat to complete their trip west. The Ice House's brine tanks were filled in and covered with concrete by someone else before my time.

I've been trying to get the Archaeology Society to place it on the Historical Monument list. I want to remove the concrete floor and expose the old brine tanks but I've been told I need to get it listed first. So far, the only thing I've heard; is the two in charge of the department are busy. Since the concrete floor has cracked because of nature's shifting around I have cause now so I can remove the concrete for repairs.

"two in charge of the department are busy" Typical reply to an inquire to any type of pseudo-government agency when the drones don't feel like doing their job, or you don't have enough pull (money) to get their attention.

I don't know what the real estate market is in your area, but here in South Jersey a 35' x 125' lot isn't good for much more than a manufactured home (trailer), if the Zoning Board will allow it.

Since the floor is cracked, you might be able to get away with removing it for the repairs that will be done eventually.

"two in charge of the department are busy" Typical reply to an inquire to any type of pseudo-government agency when the drones don't feel like doing their job, or you don't have enough pull (money) to get their attention.

I don't know what the real estate market is in your area, but here in South Jersey a 35' x 125' lot isn't good for much more than a manufactured home (trailer), if the Zoning Board will allow it.

Since the floor is cracked, you might be able to get away with removing it for the repairs that will be done eventually.

The woman in charge told me the two archaeologist's are a married couple and got semi-retired.

If it were designated as a Historical Landmark the building's status would receive funding to preserve it. Earth quake we had a few months ago exposed more. I went to clear out the damage and found old shelving pushed away from the brick walls. I can see through 2 in. to 3 in. gaps along the wall that go down several inches.

If we get another Winter like last year, with another 5.xx Earthquake shortly after the thaw, I may not have to be concerned about the Ice House anymore.

The woman in charge told me the two archaeologist's are a married couple and got semi-retired.

If it were designated as a Historical Landmark the building's status would receive funding to preserve it. Earth quake we had a few months ago exposed more. I went to clear out the damage and found old shelving pushed away from the brick walls. I can see through 2 in. to 3 in. gaps along the wall that go down several inches.

If we get another Winter like last year, with another 5.xx Earthquake shortly after the thaw, I may not have to be concerned about the Ice House anymore.

To think the Ice House has stood this long on Montana winters. It would be a real shame to lose a building that's been standing since the 1800's.

Maybe global warming will save it.