So what would your dream oblivion mod be like ?

Tokra

Also we need more dragons, and the ability to choose your religion, all these daedric and Aedric heathons are starting to annoy me! (Hello! I would like to talk to you about Talos today!)

There are many different things that oblivion could have, but it doesn't. My dream oblivion mod would change the entire environment to give you a mroe vast feeling of the Province of cyrodiil, just like in the literature that we read about Cyrodiil in Morrowind. In my opinion, Cyrodiil was a let down when moving up from Morrowind.

I'd like a mod that would make Darkelves more like they were in morrowind, essentially more badass, with their ruddy voices.

My fav. mod will be that. after the main quest is finished . there will be a plot twist where as i turn out to be th elder son of Tiber septim or something and rule over the Cyrodil. although this also should follow up with some exciting quest. I hate to see that after saving all of the cyrodil i still have to work hard for respect.

i agree with tokra, i was disappointed with servant of the dawn. at the end when u become high chancellor there should have been a scroll, like when u r at war with the dragon order, except u use it to change laws which will make changes to towns.

ie: if u decree nine divine worship illegal and dagon worship official religion then people would stop saying "by the nine divines, assult!" and the interior of chapels would change to statues of mehrunes dagon. :verymad:

I think Oblivion is just better as a picture. It looks beautiful, and is a great resource for making them (privately at least). I think Bethesda tried way too hard with this game, i.e. they had too high an ambition and didn't give the effort to well... flesh it out. True, they were trying to make a game that was 3 things a combat game, rpg AND open world game all in one, and opinions could be generated on all three of those that they FAILED.

It's always been one of my favorite games, but lately I'm taking a break because it's just so tedious to do anything at all in it, with all the boring lists and over-encumberences and other long words, especially if you have a comp that drops to 6 fps in the imperial city and crashes the game; and when I finally finish what I'm doing I have this huge empty world and what am I supposed to do now?

I think Oblivion would be better as a linear game, this is why I only play Shivering Isles when I play on PS3. It was smaller and more quest-oriented. Same with Fallout 3. Smaller map, more storyline, more to do. I enjoyed mods like TOTF, Gates to Aesgaard and Midas Magic, they gave the game that good linear feel to it that would have gone much better with Oblivion. If Bethesda left Oblivion to mods, they must have done a horrible job of it because most of them make my game crash. Maybe it's the fault of the modders themselves, or the fact I choose to trust their mods work, but I think Bethesda could have made a more mod-compatible game, if that was the whole purpose of it.

So I guess my dream mod would be one that works with my game and other mods and never messes up, AND adds a massive, linear-like quest, based entirely on the PC him/herself, that never really ends so you're never really bored.