Things that dont make sence FO3 version

iavor55

The cars are nuclear powered, fallout 3 follows on the heavy influence of Retro-futurism, a car company in the 50's had a idea for making a nuclear-powered car but it never was released, the game is based more in the 50's than the 20's. Them music is 20's to 50's bands.

One of the Game commentators from E3 even stated that everything in the fallout world is nuclear-powered.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cars are nuclear powered, fallout 3 follows on the heavy influence of Retro-futurism, a car company in the 50's had a idea for making a nuclear-powered car but it never was released, the game is based more in the 50's than the 20's. Them music is 20's to 50's bands.

One of the Game commentators from E3 even stated that everything in the fallout world is nuclear-powered.

Thanks for the update. I missed that stuff, I was too busy playing the game, and catching an occasional whisper from elderly people about what they remembered about their youth back then.

One thing I've wondered is why the G.E.C.K. in Fallout 3 is a magical transforming device, while in Fallout 2 it was just a box that contained seeds, holotapes and a food replicator. (source: Fallout 1 manual)

Sticking to the past way the crew built Fallout 2 would have been difficult because Fallout 3 had been influenced by the way today's gamers machines work. The voice of the gamers talking on the forums too, about their likes and dislikes that, that guy who took on the task felt assured would make Fallout 3 a seller were a deciding fact in the way the new version G.E.C.K. worked. It did seemed more automated or "magical", then the old Fallout 2 one with a junior woodchucks, or missy woodchucks, seed and gardening kit.

I am going to go grab some of the Quest Mods that fans created and play them until I find another game I like better. Or Maybe I will return and play MORROWIND or OBLIVION for awhile. Seems they have ton of MODs and still have a good number of players who like it too.

Well, you are cheating. Under normal play you'd never get past that point so it is reasonable that the developers wouldn't code that in.

Besides, environment deformation is INCREDIBLY difficult. I know game have done it before, but games like Red Faction, worms, and miner warms have environmental deformation as a major selling point. It isn't reasonable to expect Fallout 3 to code it in so that it can be used in one instance and seen only if the player applies a cheat code.

By the same logic, why, if the player noclips into the ground, he sees nothing but skybox and water? Shouldn't it be nothing but soil and bedrock?

How is it that 30 years after the events of Fallout 2, there's as much Jet lying around the Capital Wasteland as there is Buffout, Mentats and the like?

In Fallout 2, both versions of Advanced Power Armour have higher DR than the T-51B armour, yet in Fallout 3 T-51B is the best.

Why there is so much power running in the tunnels and other places? Maybe Raiders and Slavers and other Wasteland survivors managed to get things juiced up, so they wouldn't wander around in the dark?

During Reilly's Rangers Quest Donovan needs a fission battery to repair an elevator. So maybe that's how they rigged most of the apparatus in the wasteland.

Besides, people like Moira Brown love tinkering with junk just to see if they can get something to work. So human ingenuity might have something to do with it.

As to why ghouls even survived; Winthorpe tells you they are mutants -of a sort- so if their DNA was completely rewired....

Besides, ghouls aren't dead, like "genuine zombies" are (supposed to be, if you like the George A. Romero flicks). They simply started decomposing while they were still very much alive. And as Carol tells it, they only age so much slower than regular humans; she was around when the bombs fell over 200 years ago. While she hasn't gone completely bonkers during a two century physical meltdown is really mindboggling.

As for Little Lamplight; running through the GECK (the Fallout 3 Construction Set that is) it became clear that MacReady doesn't accept outside children into their midst (Bryan Wilks?). So yes, it seems to be a big secret how Little Lamplight is able to continue when all they do is send people away and no one is coming back in? Or are they growing new kids in a hidden laboratory?

And how come when I kill an enemy is VATS, they tend to fly through the air -TOWARDS ME!!! If they were thrown back, that would make sense, but being tossed towards the source of the bullets......

And why is it that certain humanoid enemies are capable of damaging my Player far more savagely from a vast distance with decrepit .32 revolvers, than my player is capable of damaging them with a scoped rifle that is in almost pristine condition -and these enemies are really quite a distance away, mind you.

And how come that when I blast everyone on Mr. Crowley's list and I only see their skulls explode into a gory mist of shattered bone and shredded flesh and whole fountains of blood at their moment of death, that my character tells Crowley that they "died, but not from a headshot?".

That's all for the moment.

And how come that when I blast everyone on Mr. Crowley's list and I only see their skulls explode into a gory mist of shattered bone and shredded flesh and whole fountains of blood at their moment of death, that my character tells Crowley that they "died, but not from a headshot?".

You have to use the sniper rifle he gives you.