Main Quest Broken At "A Blade In The Dark" (potential spoilers

AlduinWorldEater

So, I recently acquired Skyrim: Legendary Edition via the anthology. I updated my game, added in the new content...

...and suddenly I can't absorb dragon souls at all.

I can progress past "Dragon Rising", as

the absorption of Mirmulnir's soul

is a scripted event, and not an actual "dragon soul absorb" like every one from there on out.

However, when I get to "A Blade In The Dark"...(check spoiler section for this one, it's the main problem but also a big spoiler for the story)

I go to Kynesgrove with Delphine. We take down Sahloknir, and then...

nothing. Nothing happens. Since the story can't progress without the actual animation playing, all Delphine does is stand there and comment in wonder, even when I try to speak to her directly.

I've tried installing the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch, but all it does is cause my game to CTD just after the initial loading video. Is there another way around this? I've searched the Nexus, but I think I'm doing it wrong, because I can't find any other results.

I'd REALLY like some help with this, as I share this computer with my fiancee, and she hasn't completed the main quest yet. She probably won't, she's way fond of the free roam aspect, but just in case she does...and I'd also like to be able to play through the story again, I have a wicked idea for a new character build.

And as a side note...I spawned up enough dragons to blot out the sun with the console, and began to take them down one by one...slayed a total of about ten or so, and not a single soul.

• 1 month later...

Try this console command: setstage MQ106 155

Also, what other mods are you using, as some can cause issues with the storyline

Also, since you did that, try installing the "Unofficial" patches for all DLC and Skyrim, that might also fix it.

Edited by ACAkutare

Turns out my last manual save wasn't THAT old. I also didn't realize there were unofficial patches for each DLC, I thought the USKP covered the whole thing. I installed the DLC patches then loaded my old save, and this time the quest went as intended. Thanks for your reply.

I've got all the "unofficial" patches installed. I'll try using the console to see if I can't get it to progress, once I can figure out why the hell it's lagging so hard all of a sudden.