Spear and Javelin Mod [WIP]

Soolie

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think the vanilla bash makes a lot of sense and is probably the most realistic/ safest option in a real combat scenario.

Because javelins run off the bow system, if sustaining a block possible while weilding the javellin possible or no?

Edited by Rab2440

I guess is might explain things better if I go through the process of using a javelin :)

1. No weapon is equipped

2. You equip the javelins (equivalent to taking your bow out)

At this stage you can do a bash attack (hitting people with your bow)

3. Take a javelin and hold it over your shoulder for aiming (like knocking an arrow)

4. Throw the javelin (same as releasing an arrow from a bow)

So during the second stage there is not actually anything in the players hands (the javelins are on the players back), this means that only an unarmed animation can be used as a bash attack :)

I also think the vanilla bash makes a lot of sense and is probably the most realistic/ safest option in a real combat scenario.

Because javelins run off the bow system, if sustaining a block possible while weilding the javellin possible or no?

I'm afraid not, However javelins are only meant to be used once or twice before charging in with another weapon :) so you should be able to throw about 2 before you need to change to another weapon such as a sword or spear :)

Can u do something like this for a "illusion" of attacking, I did this into the old warcraft 3 and it was not hard:

1.Add a new combat animation as a simple "idle" one.

2Create a small region on front of the character that moves auto depending of the unit facing angle.

3 Force play the animation when it attacks as a idle

4 Damage the unit(s) in front of the attackers that are on that region that was created.

5.Play stagger animation if so.

6 Play sounds if so.

7 Set some effects( blood, etc)

8 I will like every time u attack u get in front one step and when u are hit u are almost always mini stagger and u get on step back.

Edited by MikeDavis

Okay, so I just realized that I can have a bash attack when the javelins are equipped. Since the javelins wont be in hand when the bash is performed what do you guys think I should do? I would like to have a kick attack like what is shown in this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44666/? However I could also have any of the hand to hand animations instead. I would prefer to have a kick but I don't want it to seem immersion breaking (eg. players asking why can we kick with javelins but not with any other weapons?)

Feel free to use my stuff :)

How about a tripping animation that if successful will stagger your enemy?

So I'm thinking of adding 2 handed weapons to the mod. Would you guys prefer to have weapons such as halberds and pikes or quarterstaves. I would prefer staves myself since they would add a bit more variety to combat. I'm thinking of something like this

but perhaps a bit more european so that it doesn't look too out of place :tongue:

IMO, Shaolin staff technique is too eye-candy than for real combat purpose. One of my friend practice yarijutsu (Japanese Spear Art), he said thurst/stab move only teach for high rank disciples and require high skilled, most of moves are strike and sweep like a staff, but most of guy who don't practice spear art will think spear use thurst/stab is mainly.

I don't know if you see these European Martial Art yet, I just up the link :smile:.

Some schools of European spear art, not too different from quarterstaff art.

Late haft are polearm techniques.

in quarterstaff art is basic of all polearm/spear arts, you can use staff moves for spear/polearm animation, plus with specifical moves for spear or polearms.

Edited by Panzercracker