Spear and Javelin Mod [WIP]

Soolie

Hey guys, sorry for being afk for like 2 months :C

I've been working as an environmental artist on a different project since November so that's taken up a large chunk of my time. To be honest the real thing holding this mod back at the moment is the actual spear animations. I'm trying to make animations in blender but it's exporter screws a lot of things up which makes it hard to get animations that actually look acceptable, I was hoping to see if Bergzore would be able to help me out with animations but it seems he's retired from modding :\ Good animators also seem to be very hard to come by so if anyone reading this is able to create good quality animations for skyrim...then I would really appreciate some help :)

sorry for the delay and thanks for being patient everyone.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't figure out how to make 1st person animations. And as far as I know no one has made 1st person animations for skyrim before. so I'm afraid there probably won't be any 1st person spear animations. Unless you use the immersive 1st person mod.

It's possible to create 1st person animations if you wanted to, it's just a pain in the ass. Mainly due to it using a different set of behavior/Character files that FNIS doesn't currently support so you can't easily add new ones and well, there is also a special 1st person skeleton which has to be used while producing the animations. Beyond that it's probably pretty similar to what you've already done :wink:.

Edited by Arocide

UPDATE: I'm writing a patcher using skyproc that will add the spears to the appropriate leveled lists to maximize compatibility. It will also configure any weapons from other mods with the word 'spear' in their name to use the spear animations.

UPDATE: I'm writing a patcher using skyproc that will add the spears to the appropriate leveled lists to maximize compatibility. It will also configure any weapons from other mods with the word 'spear' in their name to use the spear animations.

Awesome!

nice! my perkus maximus charcater will thank you :)