⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Spear and Javelin Mod [WIP]

Soolie

Ok... Forget what I said about not having 1st person animations.

I've figured out how to get them in the game :D

Very nice, looking forward to this in a full release :D

Edited by Arocide

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a Javelin or a spear? Dont look like a common spear blow and you ve said previously that javelin + shield wont work?

It's a spear. Unfortunately If I use the 3rd person grip then you can't actually see your hand, only the tip of the spear. So the 1st person grip is actually completely different.

Well, that animation fits javelins/spears when held overarm just nicely though arm holding the spear should be more in the back, or you just have high FOV. Seeing spear tip coming from below, when held underarm is perfectly fine too.

This vid from Matt Easton about spear and shield might help you finetune animations

Random thought - adding lesser power (on/off like Khajiit night vision or just scripting button) to switch between overarm held and underarm, where you could choose between speed (overarm) or reach (underarm).

Edited by BobslejPL

I am curious as to where I can download the mod cant find it on Nexus and or STeam at all. I now it is WIP but some are already using it.

I think you're mistaken. Maybe you are talking about Duke Patrick's Spears in Skyrim? It also adds spears to the game but it's different than Soolie's mod.

I think this guy isnt that dumb. I mean, dukes spear mod only supports 2 handed spears as far as i remember. soolies mod is in this case unique.

I am curious as to where I can download the mod cant find it on Nexus and or STeam at all. I now it is WIP but some are already using it.

I think you're mistaken. Maybe you are talking about Duke Patrick's Spears in Skyrim? It also adds spears to the game but it's different than Soolie's mod.

I think this guy isnt that dumb. I mean, dukes spear mod only supports 2 handed spears as far as i remember. soolies mod is in this case unique.

:facepalm: It's not that it makes him dumb. He could just be incorrect. Sometimes you just remember "spear mod".

I want to try and make javelins a bit more immersive without making them overpowered. Seeing an NPC running around with any more than 2 javelins impaling their body is somewhat unbelievable, I could just increase the damage but that would make them unbalanced and too powerful, currently javelins will stagger their targets, any other ideas are welcome :)

I want to try and make javelins a bit more immersive without making them overpowered. Seeing an NPC running around with any more than 2 javelins impaling their body is somewhat unbelievable, I could just increase the damage but that would make them unbalanced and too powerful, currently javelins will stagger their targets, any other ideas are welcome :smile:

What about giving them some sort of armor piercing ? Or stamina damage ? Some health damage over time ? Or maybe a slow down effect , I guess you run slower with a javelin sticked in your chest ... :D