Spear and Javelin Mod [WIP]

Soolie

I want to try and make javelins a bit more immersive without making them overpowered. Seeing an NPC running around with any more than 2 javelins impaling their body is somewhat unbelievable, I could just increase the damage but that would make them unbalanced and too powerful, currently javelins will stagger their targets, any other ideas are welcome :smile:

What about giving them some sort of armor piercing ? Or stamina damage ? Some health damage over time ? Or maybe a slow down effect , I guess you run slower with a javelin sticked in your chest ... :D

Those sound good, Ignores light armor and maybe half of heavy armor or something like that, if possible, dunno never messed with perks myself

Edited by heyiforgot

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to try and make javelins a bit more immersive without making them overpowered. Seeing an NPC running around with any more than 2 javelins impaling their body is somewhat unbelievable, I could just increase the damage but that would make them unbalanced and too powerful, currently javelins will stagger their targets, any other ideas are welcome :smile:

Soolie plz. its Skyrim logic. Just look at this Screenshot:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/882976114515973281/B6A532FC3445B4B96D21397E6B1706F3C09A5835/

It will be totally common to see a target with 2+ javelins, and as you ve said javelins will use arrow mechanics and they're enough mods to increase the dmg of arrows. you can also use the creation kit to do as you like.. And effects like slowing down a target or causing stamina dmg isnt that cool.

I disagree. Just because skyrim isn't realistic doesn't mean we can't make javelins more so.

A bleed effect or a slowed down effect would be great, and an awesome feature to add. It makes it more than just a bigass arrow to throw.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following this mod for months, and can't wait til it's released. Have you got any updates, and if so do you have a release date in mind.

Also if you need any beta testers I'm sure all of us in this thread would be more than willing to help you out,

many ppl follow this thread w/o even registration. as ive said previously this is THE mod. information about the progress would be awesome but if soolie dont tell us he ll have his reasons. Just hope Soolies work wont be influenced by forum kids (see Matthiaswagg).

:facepalm: