Mass Effect 2: Simultaneous Release

Varus Torvyn

Great News! This time around there will be no delay between the 360 and PC versions (as there was with the original).:)

Link to article

Here also is a must-read about ME 1 saves for ME 2, entitled "Mass Effect 2 importing 'hundreds' of Mass Effect decisions".

Link to article

Thanks for the link. I didn't keep my PC version saves. :(

I still have the 360 ones but if both are going to be released at the same time it'll be the PC version I buy. Better make sure I play through again.

What does this matter? There's no advantage to playing it on the PC. I would rather play it on 360.

The PC version enjoys higher resolutions. I also prefer the PC's control scheme for playing games such as Mass Effect.

Anyway, this is good news.

What does this matter? There's no advantage to playing it on the PC. I would rather play it on 360.

The PC version enjoys higher resolutions. I also prefer the PC's control scheme for playing games such as Mass Effect.

I first ran ME on a XP-based PC with DX 9.0c. I bought a new PC with Vista 64-bit and DX 10.0 plus a Quad-Core CPU with a 9-Series nVidia GPU.

ME now has no framerate problems, no texture problems, much shorter elevator rides. And not only that, you can do a running battle in melee combat on the PC without ever pausing, while the 360 has to pause (no hotkeys for abilities).

• 3 weeks later...

I first ran ME on a XP-based PC with DX 9.0c. I bought a new PC with Vista 64-bit and DX 10.0 plus a Quad-Core CPU with a 9-Series nVidia GPU.

ME now has no framerate problems, no texture problems, much shorter elevator rides. And not only that, you can do a running battle in melee combat on the PC without ever pausing, while the 360 has to pause (no hotkeys for abilities).

That's why I'm getting this for PC myself. :yes:

Anyway, great news about the PC release being at the same time. Should look sexy on a 24 inch monitor. :D

(Must get game!!)

Gld to hear its coming out at the same time. Whenever theres a choice, I'd rather buy games and play them on the PC. So its annoyig when my mate gets it on his 36, completes it befre me (we were gonna have arace but he got i first) and then I have t wait a bit for it on PC.

Only thing I want is more armor types. I didnt like the fact every armor was a re-tex of another with different stats. The guns were cool though. OH, and snipers, I hope they're a bit better made in ME2, with less recoil and aiming movement.

Only thing I want is more armor types. I didnt like the fact every armor was a re-tex of another with different stats.

Well, the Mass Effect guys said they were working to rectify such issues and fan complaints.

Good to hear! ME2 should be epic, since the first one was.