Alternate Immersive Health Magicka and Stamina Indicators

IronDusk33

Hello excellent mod authors!

This is an immersion mod idea I came up with after watching a few episodes of Gopher's Metro play through while on Ranger Hardcore mode. The basic idea, get rid of health, magicka, and stamina bars altogether and develop a different system of telling health magicka and stamina levels.

This would work similarly to the blurred vision from Chesko's Frostfall, and the stomach growls from perseid's Realistic Needs and Diseases. For instance, a red blur would occur as your character lost health, heavy breathing would occur at lower levels of stamina, and desaturated or unfocused vision at low levels of magicka. These kinds of indicators are all ready in the game, you do get a red blur at around 5% health, and your character does breath heavily when stamina has been completely depleted, however, once you reach those points it doesn't really help.

I of course don't have the scripting knowledge to get anything close to this kind of mod, but I hope some excellent mod author sees this page and gives it a go.

Thanks for reading!

~IronDusk33

Hello excellent mod authors!

This is an immersion mod idea I came up with after watching a few episodes of Gopher's Metro play through while on Ranger Hardcore mode. The basic idea, get rid of health, magicka, and stamina bars altogether and develop a different system of telling health magicka and stamina levels.

This would work similarly to the blurred vision from Chesko's Frostfall, and the stomach growls from perseid's Realistic Needs and Diseases. For instance, a red blur would occur as your character lost health, heavy breathing would occur at lower levels of stamina, and desaturated or unfocused vision at low levels of magicka. These kinds of indicators are all ready in the game, you do get a red blur at around 5% health, and your character does breath heavily when stamina has been completely depleted, however, once you reach those points it doesn't really help.

I of course don't have the scripting knowledge to get anything close to this kind of mod, but I hope some excellent mod author sees this page and gives it a go.

Thanks for reading!

~IronDusk33

That would be nice. I like to play without the hud, though inevitably with how the game works, end up needing to reenable it to properly play. Health and other stats are one reason, and the crosshair is another. This would fix that issue, in my opinion. Also, I wonder how hard it'd be to make torches direct their flame toward your primary objective like the lighter and compass in metro? That'd be another interesting way to figure out where to go without constant menu interaction.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I've done some more extensive research, and if anyone else finds this post in this metaphorical jungle of a forum here are some mods that did the job quite well for me:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35648/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29826/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48172/?

• 1 month later...