HELP! Can't talk to followers!

wuruochong

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was having this issue after equipping my Nightingale armor, after unequipping the hood I was able to talk with her again. I think it has something to do with the fact my identiy is hidden when the hood is equipped. Not sure if this is the same issue you were having but I hope this helps. *Edit* It seems to have been an issue with Sneak tools I went back to before I equipped the hood and disable the mod then equipped the hood and I was able to talk to her like normal.

Edited by b4773ry

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just found the id of my follower and used the player.placeatme command which spawned a new lydia and this solved the problem solve the problem.

then used disable to get rid of the untouchable one

I had the same idea but in my case it´s Serana who has the problem, it seems that the placeatme command doesn´t work with her. is there other way to spawn Serana, or am I getting her ID wrong?

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody!

I've the same problem and I've tried a lot of these solutions, but they don't work...

Suddenly all my followers (and even one of my dogs!) ignore me when I try to talk to them. The menu that appear shows several options: Trade, Equip from, Best skills, Close, Talk and they all work, except for Talk.

I've had before some problems with the command "Let's go" (the followers move to their home instead) and "Wait here", but I could ignore it and use instead the command "We'll stay here for a while -> Just stay close to me (to follow)/Just stay here (to wait)". Furthermore, I couldn't dismiss any follower: they simple ignore I'm firing them. So stubborn!

I don't know if they're related with the new problem, but now I can't even do that.

1 I don't have Animations mod or JaxonRenamer mod... I have Follower can relax, MFVM, UFO, Simple Multiple Followers, Amazing Follower Tweaks. I tried to enable/disable all the follower's mod: doesn't work.

2 I tried to insert "player.placeatme" command and it actually summon a naked copy of the follower, but the menu shows only two options (Best skills, Talk) and if I talk the dialogue appear, but all the commands to move o trade don't work or are missing.

3 I tried to set follower count to 0 : followers leave, but when I tried to talk to one, the dialogues were the same as they still were with me, still malfunctioning.

(Sorry if my english isn't perfect)

Edited by EredediMorgana

• 2 weeks later...

The only solution I found is to make a copy of the follower (console command player.placeatme *npc code*) and there will be a nude copy of him/she you will be able to speak to. Then I killed the original one but I was not able to loot the corpse too. so you might have to give him new armor or "recall" the original one by the console commands as I did.

To know the code from your follower just type "help *name of the follower* 4" and there will be at least one "NPC" code. If there are more than one only one will work, so test what's the correct one because (for example with Lydia) there's one code which allows you to call a copy of her but you can not get dialogue options to talk her, she just stands and sais standard quotes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PLEASE HELP

I have this issue currently. Whenever I have a multiple follower mod on, I can't talk to any followers. I've used the 'unblock' thing with the animations mod, but because my follower's name doesn't show up, it doesn't select them (this problem occured before I downlaoded the animations mod, so i downloaded it to try the unblock thing but it dosent work). My other issue is that I have Serana as a follower and because of the 'Marriable Serana' mod, she is my wife. I haven't tried to kill my followers and respawn them, but if i do it on Serana, will i have to re-marry her? (also i have armourous adventrues on as well).

Edited by TrentTeal

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So I think this is what caused the problem for me:

1 - Immersive beds, which de-equips armor when you sleep

2 - Sneak tools, which allows you to add the "hides identity" attribute to items.

I had a hood that concealed my identity on when I slept in a coffin during Chasing Echoes. The hood was de-equipped by the beds mod, but I think the effect wasn't removed.

Solution: equiped the hood that concealed my identity, then de-equipped it. That solved it.

Hope this helps anybody with this particular set of problems :)

• 8 months later...

If you're using the mod Animations that's the problem and also the solution. Go to the MCM menu for animations and select the emergency button in the settings menu, you'll get 3 options, set the unblock button to enabled, exit the MCM menu and go up to the blocked npc, you should get a message and then the option to unblock them, choose this, repeat for any other blocked npc's, then re-enter the MCM manu and disable unblock and disable the emergencey button, exit and hopefully the npc's are responsive again.

I think that solution proposed by andyg65 is most applicable here. I've faced this issue multiple times when using mods altering npc animations. If you use more than 1 mod altering your npc animations based on some variables, it can result in a conflict at some point and interaction with your follower may get crashed. Generally if you do not use Bash for more sophisticated solutions for collisions between mods just play with this MCM animations or try teleport somehow the follower. The problem is if you use standard follower; many custom ones offers teleports spells or just use AFT, however in my case it was in conflict with another mods :D.