HELP! Can't talk to followers!

wuruochong

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

it IS AFT. I uninstalled it, reverted to a save where the bug didnt happen, and it worked. all i wanted was a default clothing thing anyway, so i hope this helped. someday someone will make a bug fix mod for this, but until then, just dont use it other than other mods and default uses. sometimes it will just happen, so i recommend just uninstalling it and getting a new one in the meantime. (AND DO NOTE YOU MUST MAKE ALL FOLLOWERS PART WAYS, SAVE, THEN DELETE THE MOD THEN MAKE THEM FOLLOW YOU AGAIN!)

Edited by penisfac

• 1 month later...

There are a couple great fixes here, but I wanted to throw my super easy one in the mix. For me, the glitch occurs when I use Amazing Follower Tweaks to cause a non-follower NPC to follow me and then use Jaxonz Renamer to name them somethin else. in Mod Configs in the start menu, Jaxonz Renamer has an option to revert all names. Selecting this made my followers interactable again and I was able to rename them as I liked.

I only renamed followers so it was not difficult to name everything again when the glitch occurs, but this may be annoying for people that have named locations or spells etc. I think, through doing a bit of trial and error testing and research that this is a common and largely unfixable problem, but through occasionally reverting the names when it happens, you can still use both awesome mods! Hope this helps!

• 5 weeks later...
I had the same issue with one of my followers. I couldn't talk to him and he wouldn't follow me. Tried saving and reloading but it wouldn't work. I ended up Fus Ro Dahing him and now it works. I don't know what happened but Unrelenting Forcing him got him moving and talking again.

• 5 months later...

If it helps, I realised that it broke when i asked Borgakh to use the bed. After that she didn't have the dialogs, same happened woth the shield trainer Companion, and some others... The problem is I play with auto and quicksaves only. So revert to an older save would mean to go to level 1 XD