HELP! Can't talk to followers!

wuruochong

I had the same problem listed here with a follower called Elysia, and It was ONLY occurring with her. Of course I kept all my one of a kind weapons with her... and didn't have a save to reload where she wasn't mute... I have the Recorder mod as well. They're managed by AFT.

The Specifics; whenever i try to talk to Elysia i get "..." in subtitles. So I tried the suggested "summon new version of the specific follower, delete the original, make new one the follower", that did not work. the "new" Elysia was also mute. I even tried with resetting AFT first, still no result. It was the same response as usual. I do not have "Animations" installed (if it's a mod...). I also used Fallrim Tools to check the save file, but I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

Update: i uninstalled and reinstalled the mod, but alas, it was a temporary fix. The silence is back.

Edited by AlexKeys

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I do not know if this problem is already gone, but thought to share some information.

Â

If you are experiencing this bug, check if you are using Jaxonz Renamer-mod. I did, and had renamed all my followers. If you are using it, go to MCM-menu and click "undo all changes" button; your followers names will be changed back to original, and you are able to talk to them again.

Â

Cheers!Â

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem.

However the only problem is not with Serana but with other NPCs like Marauders, hags, witches etc. that I have turned into a vampire and made them followers but after I tell them "we must part ways" and then want to go back to have them follow me again, I can't access their dialog.

I have to use "Subjugation Spell" to get them to follow me.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry for necroing this but I was having the same issue and was able to fix it. I thought I would leave this post for anyone else who may have it too.

I was using make nearly anyone a follower mod and randomly NCPs I made followers were breaking, found out it was due to the real names mod. Big thank you to the everyone that mentioned Jaxons Renamer as this lead me to figure it out. I was able to rename them with the renamer and that seemed to work.

I guess citizens of Skyrim don't like having there name changed....

Edited by xSethrin

OK, since someone else un-necro'd this first...

I'm having the same issue. Tried the various fixes and Lydia still won't talk after recruiting her. I do have Animations, which I have uninstalled, as well as any AFT related mods. I don't have Jaxonz Renamer. Any ideas? Tried resetAI. Anything else I can do? I guess I'm going to try removing RDO next.

EDIT: Hmmm. RDO says it must be loaded after Bijin all in one, but its not. RDO is 71, Bijin is 175 in my load order. Is this still valid (I can't ask there since it has the forums disabled) or has it been updated for the most recent LOOT lists? I guess that could cause the issues they say RDO has with talking to Followers. And since I've never actually done it yet (still adjusting my list) do I simply drag RDO (and relevant patches) below Bijin if it does need to be there?

Edited by Skinjack

So, I did some looking around in SSEEdit. I didn't change anything because I really am not comfortable messing with records. I do see several mods overwriting others, with Relationshp Dialogue Overhaul (or one of its patches) being to the far right, so taking precedence. Based on how Vortex sorted them, that is to be expected. I think.

What exactly would be controlling the follower's menu to interact with them when you talk to them? Uneducated guess is Dialog Topic>DialogueFollowerFollowTopic (or Wait, Dismiss). I'd really like a clue as to what I should be looking for.

• 5 months later...

Found the problem, it was AFT mod (Amazing Follower Tweaks) used the AFT Reset and after a couple minutes it solved, Serana is interactable once again.

BEWARE: AFT reset will dissmiss all ur followers, make sure those u want to keep are near u, so u can recruit em again.

Edited by Jhollman