Things about Oblivion that make you roll your eyes

Megatarius

Not one person in the game DOESN'T drinks alcohol, or at least doesn't have alcohol in his/her house. I mean, yes Nords love beer, mead, etc. Why, is it that even Arch Mage Traven himself, has a wine rack near his bed... I expected him not to.

Champion of Cyrodiil walks into town. "MOVE ALONG, CITIZEN." Shouldn't guards know that if it weren't for my character, Cyrodiil would already be... Well... Daedric-Fied? :/

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they're just being contrary. You know, "move along, citizen" like they're going to treat you as any other mindless user of Radiant AI.

The alcohol thing sort of makes sense. Before the invention of water purification systems, water was more likely to give you a horrible, deadly disease than hydrate you. Alcohol was sterile, therefore safe.

The alcohol thing sort of makes sense. Before the invention of water purification systems, water was more likely to give you a horrible, deadly disease than hydrate you. Alcohol was sterile, therefore safe.

Exactly. But everyone in the game must have a liver of steel, because for a people that drink as much as they seem to, they sure are, well.... nice.

That's something that annoys me about the game too. Could be technology limitations, could be just lazy writing, but everyone is stiff as a board. There's no character at all. The whole game is so dry.

Although i love this game a lot. I will tell few things i don't like about the game

1. Psychic gaurds.

2. Lack of respect.

3. Same voices.

4. Same type of structures.

5. Martin (I hate his faceand the fact that we save the world and he gets to be the king).

6 Rewards for beginers are really measly. now i am high level and everthing is too much.

Things that bug me in the game..

1) The same voices, how'd you tell what race they are without looking? listen to their voices... *mumbles.*

Add some accents in the next Beth!

2) Lack of Legion diffrence. I swear they must have a cloning facilitie hidden somewhere in the IC, most look the same :-O

Apart from that awesome game.

4. "Look at the muscles on you!" "You have the hands of a healer." "Look at the muscles on you!" "You're a sneaky-looking sort." "You're a sneaky-looking sort." "You have the hands of a healer." "Look at the muscles on you!"... It's no wonder I end up murdering everyone I pass by.

5. "Pleasure doing--" *click* "You bought that for a--" *click* "Pleasure doing--" *click* "I wouldn't make that deal with--" *click* "That's a good--" *click* "That's a good deal!"

Oblivion's version of the Microsoft Office Assistant it seems hehe

*sneaks into Imperial City Prison, about to murder Valen Dreth*

MS Office Assistant Paperclip: "Looks like you're trying to murder an obnoxious Dark Elf."

Me: "Really? I'd never have guessed. Now shut up, the guard isn't gone yet."

Paperclip: "Would you like me to mark the date?"

Me: "What? No!"

Paperclip: "I could format a letter for you."

Me: "That... doesn't even have anything to do with the--"

Guard: "Who's there?"

Paperclip: *hops out in front of the guard* "Looks like you're trying to find an intruder..."

*sneaks into Imperial City Prison, about to murder Valen Dreth*

MS Office Assistant Paperclip: "Looks like you're trying to murder an obnoxious Dark Elf."

Me: "Really? I'd never have guessed. Now shut up, the guard isn't gone yet."

Paperclip: "Would you like me to mark the date?"

Me: "What? No!"

Paperclip: "I could format a letter for you."

Me: "That... doesn't even have anything to do with the--"

Guard: "Who's there?"

Paperclip: *hops out in front of the guard* "Looks like you're trying to find an intruder..."

That is hilarious. That paperclip dude bugs me.