Best Movie (Opinions)

t3hf4ll0ut

Hotfuzz, Batman black knight, and the original star wars trilogy, i think are the best movies of all time. I have the original trilogy still on laser disk of all things, still have the box and everything. One of a kind, not tampered with by lucas arts, completely original. There has been many copys sold but its the original like i stated before.

If by "best" you mean something I'd watch over and over again and eventually watch with my children and grandchildren, it would have to be the original Star Wars Trilogy.

Others that I pondered were:

Army of Darkness

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

The 13th Warrior

The Thing (by John Carpenter in 1982)

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Aliens

Mm..the best is hard to pick. Some offer insights into aspects of cinematography, editing, acting, directing, and other instances of the medium. How about a quick list of worthy mentions?

Seven Samurai - (1954, Akira Kurosawa director)

La Dolce Vita - (1960, Federico Fellini director, Marcello Mastroianni actor)

Station for Two - (1982, Eldar Ryazanov director, Lyudmila Gurchenko actress)

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold - (1965, Martin Ritt director, Richard Burton actor)

Hamlet - (1948, Laurence Olivier director and actor)

Citizen Kane - (1941, Orson Welles director and actor)

Le Dernier Métro - (1980, François Truffaut director, with Catherine Deneuve & Gérard Depardieu)

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - (1963, Stanley Kramer director, Jonathan Winters actor)

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - (1964, Stanley Kubrick director, Peter Sellers actor)

Yep, that's a fair start. These films, among others certainly, helped establish and shape film as an artform; as well as, work to influence those of today.

-Kitten

I'm no judge to have right to pick the best and "opinion" is disconnected with supposed objectivity of "the best" so I treat the topic as "favourite film" instead.

"Equilibrium", Coppola's "Dracula" and "Ghost in the Shell".

Mm..the best is hard to pick. Some offer insights into aspects of cinematography, editing, acting, directing, and other instances of the medium. How about a quick list of worthy mentions?

Seven Samurai - (1954, Akira Kurosawa director)

La Dolce Vita - (1960, Federico Fellini director, Marcello Mastroianni actor)

Station for Two - (1982, Eldar Ryazanov director, Lyudmila Gurchenko actress)

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold - (1965, Martin Ritt director, Richard Burton actor)

Hamlet - (1948, Laurence Olivier director and actor)

Citizen Kane - (1941, Orson Welles director and actor)

Le Dernier Métro - (1980, François Truffaut director, with Catherine Deneuve & Gérard Depardieu)

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - (1963, Stanley Kramer director, Jonathan Winters actor)

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - (1964, Stanley Kubrick director, Peter Sellers actor)

Yep, that's a fair start. These films, among others certainly, helped establish and shape film as an artform; as well as, work to influence those of today.

-Kitten

I like your taste Venetia :thumbsup: !

I would add

Il Gattopardo by Visconti, as the ultimate masterpiece.

And in the recents awesome movies : Inglorious Bastards and The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight : when Hollywoods gets the guts to "create"...

• 4 weeks later...

My favorites:

Waiting

True Romance

Y tu Mama Tambien

Sirens

Superbad

Snatch

Malena

Gattaca

Office Space

Trainspotting