Game Ending

Steven917

heh, if you don't like the ending of Oblivion, then in all honesty, you will certainly not like the ending of Fallout 3. I didn't mind the ending of Oblivion as at least you are able to continue onward. Sure, the rewards at the end are pathetic, but that's why there are mods. :wink:

I enjoyed being able to play past the ending, and I certainly didn't care about there being no emperor in the empire at the end. Actually, the mere fact is kinda exciting in a way. A bit of anarchy in a game. :cool:

As for the part where anyone of any class can be part of any guild, that is something of an issue in terms of actual feasibility...

I forgot to mention this, but replay value is quite important for a lot of games. At the very least there are plenty of games who take advantage of this with unlockables and such. It's all about a different experience, with a different race, class, and different decisions. Then again the class/race needs the appropriate skills to make it worthwhile. I know they made Oblivion for a larger audience, that's not lost on me, but it peeves me a bit. I don't want this game to be too exclusive either.

• 6 months later...
Well I think that The Champion Of Cyrodiil should be the next emperor/empress. I mean the character does everything all by himself/herself risked his/her own lives (well not really :D ) but still the player does everything and the only thing he gets is some armor. I find more expensive stuff in caves and ruins than that Dragon armor.

• 3 weeks later...
I have to agree with the fact that many things are disappointing at the end of the main quest. I have to give props to Bethesda for making a game as customizable as it is though. The vanilla game may be bad at times, but I feel that a game on the scale of Fallout 3 and Oblivion would be very difficult to make with a high quality for many other developers.

I was satisfied, because it took me 4 years to bother doing the main quest and it was as boring and non-rewarding as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, the wars and dungeon exploring was fun, but closing Oblivion Gates over and over for each town was repetitive, I was hoping each of them would have different problems.

Well I think that The Champion Of Cyrodiil should be the next emperor/empress. I mean the character does everything all by himself/herself risked his/her own lives (well not really :D ) but still the player does everything and the only thing he gets is some armor. I find more expensive stuff in caves and ruins than that Dragon armor.

Don't grave dig mate ;)

Well, Oblivion is not one-quest game, it was made for player to do other things, other quests, stories...Not all important stuff are in Main Quest, in side quests you can fin more than MQ. But really, they should give player a little more possibilities after becoming CoC. But, you can always find mods that "fix" it. :rolleyes: