⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

doomsday0525

Actually it is very much possible. to mod amular without moders tools. look at mass effect look a dragon age. no moders tools and no nexus adaptations. you have to edit and replace files manually in order to get them to work. the same can be implemented into amular. dive a little into advance modding and you'll find that ANYTHING is possible. the moders themselves need to just quit using tools as a crutch. they dont realize that what they are doing are pretty much the same exact thing that graphic designers do when designing for games. except the graphic designer just went to school for years for it. im sorry but anyone that says modding games without tools is impossible, only knows the basics

Sorry it took so long to reply (been busy and forgot about this post) but regardless, well said, you understood exactly what I was saying. :thumbsup:

the only problem is that only someone able to program can mod without a modding tool while if you have a modding tool every fan of the game can mod it

• 4 months later...

Just got this game in Steam sale, so I thought I'd add what 5 minutes of searching, discovered. Nexus is a great modding site, but it's expansion beyond the core TES/Fallout/Bioware games is a failrly recent, post Skyrim. It's not the center of all modding.

While true that Dev supported tools make modding much easier, you only have to look at XCOM: Enemy Unknown here, to see what can be done without any dev supported tools at all.

My number one source, for every new game, is PCGamingWiki. which is a great starting point, giving basic settings, and community sourced bug fixes for most games.

PCGamingWiki PCGW - an encyclopedia of PC game fixes

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - PCGamingWiki PCGW

Only has one mod listed.

Mods

YSA Heartcore Mod Greatly increases game difficulty, as vanilla can be too easy late-game. The changes are listed here. Includes PDF game guides and developer interviews.

Next result sheds some light on the lack of easy to find info

Essential Mods - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Message Board for PC - GameFAQs

youngneil1's heartcore mod addresses many of the complaints about the game's difficulty.

And the Reckoning Remapping tool fixes my personal pet peeve, the fact that hotkeys for abilities do not trigger the spells (instead they cause that spell to map to RMB, which is a clunky way of doing things).

Unfortunately, most of these mods were posted on the now-defunct official Amalur forums. However much googling I was able to find them again. Get them before the links go down.

(A dead link, for the YSA Heartcore Mod - see previous quote)

This one still works

Reckoning Remapping Tool v1.1

So the main host, and most mods, were lost when the games Forums disappeared, which along with the recent EA closure of Bioware Forums, shows why mods should be hosted on sites like Nexus. and Mod DB

Next if 3D is your thing, Helix mod adds support for it (not my thing, as I only have one eye, can't see 3D, but I can see VR, as it doesn't entirely rely on two eyes)

Helix Mod: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

The Infinity Multi Game Cheat Tool includes a Trainer

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Trainer

There's a ubiquitous nude mod of course, but Ive not seen the site before "NudePatch.net", and as I'm tired of typing every link out. Here's the DuckDuckGo search I used, other links exist I've not looked at yet

Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning mods at DuckDuckGo

All in all sparse pickings, with the main hosting forun gone, but as with most games, if you look for the mods, you can often find some.

The final graveyard for ressurecting "dead mod sites", is the wayback machine, it doesn't usually save dedicated hosted files, but you'd be amazed at what can be found hiding in every HTML files companion folder. Lots of mods can get hidden in those.

Wayback machine takes snapshots of the web, and you can find things in one day, but removed in later ones. So even dead sites can provide mods, if you look hard enough.

Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

{Addition}

After my Initial attempts to recover anything from the forums main link failed to find much, I got the Modding Subforum Address, and the latest useful link was May 9th 2012

Forum » Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning » Community Chat » Community Creations » Mods and Modding

The results are disappointing, but that's due to the studio going out of business, more than a failure with Wayback Machine, and as my initial inspection suggests mods were not actually hosted on the site, any links could still work.

However in this games case it released on 7th February 2012, and by the end of May, had laid off the entire workforce, and effectively went out of Business.

The YSA Heartcore Mod contains a (Google Cache, not saved long term) snapshot of the mod page;

This is Google's cache of http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?8613-Release-YSA-Youngneil1-Shapes-Amalur. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Jun 29, 2012 19:38:31 GMT.

So Forums had gone down at the end of June, after only a few months, the community was scattered, if they found a new home I've yet to find it, and all evidence suggests KOAR modding died that day.

There may be salvagable links in the forums 3 pages, but as the "Best" mod is a Cheat Engine Script, which is usually seen as a good starting point, for modding without dev tools, at least until the community can create proper tools.

The nude mod I referred to above did use TexMod, so that opens the door for other Textures. See Dragon Age Inquisition modding, here. That also started with Cheat Engine Tables, until the much better DAISuite was made.

TH

Though the Wayback results, are dissappointing for KOAR, that's due to the dev studio, and forums disappearing, not the method.

This is ideal fodder without that, as the mods aren't hosted on the forum. They are on general hosting site, and all you need is a direct link to that file, assuming the mod creator hasn't deleted it, and host site still exists.

Finally the links in YSA's Google Cached page, and a Cleaned up .DocX version which are both in the Reckoning Future Press.zip,still work.

They provide some alternative versions of the mod.

I've had this collecting dust for years (360 version). Funnily, when it was first announced, I was excited to hear of the big names involved, but when I played, it was McFarlane's art style that turned me off. It just didn't seem suited for fantasy... for many humans at least. They reminded me of some of his depictions of Sandman and Punisher back in the day. Big jaws, 50s style haircuts. But I never could get rid of it either. Saving it for a rainy day, I guess.