RPG names of games that are not point and click!!

Aeryn333

Whenever I try to do a search for no point and click RPG, I a get nowhere, or demo's DL on Steam, always sadly disappointed when thy turn out to be point and click..or won;t let me access or change keyboard options..

I have G11 gaming keyboard so I like games that allow me to change and uses both keyboard and my 4 pad, plus scroll wheel, roller ball in middle mouse which I love..

Call it my Dyslexia or my frustration with point my mouse to where I want to go. and clicking on someone to hit them with sword..Don't do online games..Even older games that fit in with the same criteria as the newer ones, like Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might and Magick..were great 3D games..

I like games more like that, and Oblivion -Morrowind Fallout 3- Two Worlds all for those reasons..

Your not some miniature lil person you have to look down on, and mouse point where to go and what to hit..

Any ideas all??? :thanks:

Deus Ex 1 and System Shock 2 are two nice RPG/FPS hybrids, both awesome for different reasons.

Not quite the sword swinging you might want (they do both have a sword weapon though :P) but probably worth checking out. Deus Ex is on Steam.

Deus Ex 1 and System Shock 2 are two nice RPG/FPS hybrids, both awesome for different reasons.

Not quite the sword swinging you might want (they do both have a sword weapon though :P) but probably worth checking out. Deus Ex is on Steam.

Absolutely! Deus Ex 1 is one the classics and a huge modification was released for it earlier in the year. So even games over 7 years old still have a lot of life left in them. Don't go near Deus Ex 2...waste of time.

You might like Thief 3: Deadly Shadows and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I know a lot of people have a love/hate thing for the Gothic series, but G2 was brilliant and I like G3 a lot, especially with the huge community Enhancement pack. In fact it made me replay the game and and enjoy it even more since they altered a lot of the gameplay so it's more like the previous game.

You might like The Witcher as well. I bought it earlier in the year, but I must admit never getting past the first section. Only because I had Fallout 3 to entertain me as well. Be sure to get the enhancement Pack for it if you decide to buy it. Free to download from the website when you register and includes the Soundtrack and extra missions plus lots more.

:smile:

Well, there's Knights of The Old Republic, quite a lot point and click (too bad), but I think there's more pressing the movement keys. Great story, a real RPG (choices and consequences). (second next to Oblivion top modern RPGs, even there's quite a lot point and click)

According to the reviews (on gamespot), The Witcher is great, while Dark Messiah and Two Worlds doesn't.

According to the reviews (again) there are "Mass Effect", "Bioshock", "Neverwinter Nights 2", "Fable", "Valkyria Chronicles", "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance" (if you loved action, and also offered many action). (Mass Effect and Bioshock looks promising)

There, had enough ?

The Witcher has some great parts to it...but also some flaws. It's linear, so you won't be wandering around everywhere, which I was really hoping for in that. And, well atleast for me, it was way too easy, I beat it in 4 days. There are other bits that I don't like about it, but other than that, it's an excellent game. It's VERY aimed towards males though...do a little reading and you'll see why lol ;) I personally laughed my ass off about it, but many people were complaining about that aspect of the game. There are a few quests where you HAVE to do that, but other than that, it's completely optional. I did it on accident and I was like "WTF?!!" lol.

The books are really good though, I hope they translate the rest of them :)

Uhm...well everyone named off what I was going to say :P You could try Overlord, I only played that for awhile, but I got quite a giggle out of it.

But ya, not many SP RPGs these days, everyone's jumping on the MMO boat. They gotta think for a second, not everyone wants to fork out money these days to play a game online...or play with a bunch of jerks (atleast with my experience, there's a ton of jerks on WoW and AO.)

Don't go near Deus Ex 2...waste of time.

:smile:

Why? I'm currently replaying Deus Ex 2 and I'm loving it. In fact, I find it to be better than the first one.

I didn't think it was as good as first one but it's a lot better than people make out.