CTD after random playtimes, and latency of 3000 ms.

FMPhoenixHawk

Okay, in the past few months I have had a lot of CTDs after only a few hours of play. Now, before, I could go 10-12 hours before I might encounter a CTD, but lately it seems to happen after about 2-3, depending on my activities. Sometimes I can't even get 10 minutes of play. I wondered if it was a mod, so I uninstalled it and that didn't fix it. After some review, I am thinking it might be a script from a mod that I uninstalled a long time ago. Especially since my latency quickly approaches 3000 ms or higher. However, which mod that was I don't know. I don't want to have to do a complete reinstall again, and so I turn to the community to help. Some base information:

System:

P4 3GHz Hyperthreaded

4 GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1600 series card with the last set of drivers

200 GB SATA HD

Creative Labs Audigy SE 2 Sound card

Win 7 32 bit.

Mods installed: (* means installed after problem began)

*Convenient Horses (Where I got the latency info from,)

*The Dance of Death

Calientes Vanilla Outfits for CBBE - Calientes Vanilla Armor -- Combined Pack v2-1-0

*Safety Load (Installed after original problem began, but before latency tracking)

*Cloaks of Skyrim

*Cloaks of Skyrim - Dawnguard Edition

Dovahkinder Collection Replacer - Vanilla Clothes Replacer

Nocturnal Dress for Calientes Body Mod -CBBE- - Nocturnal Dress for Calientes Body Mod -CBBE v0-2

8Winter Is Coming - Cloaks - WIC Cloaks NMM 2_3

Ultimate Follower Overhaul (This is when the problems started, uninstalling did not solve.)

Ultimate Follower Overhaul - Dawnguard

Ultimate Follower Overhaul - Hearthfire

Apachi Sky Hair

Extended Slider Colors

Midas Magic

Midas Magic Evolved (Both were originally installed via Steam Workshop, removed and installed Nexus ver for easier updating)

CBBE (The first mod installed after the Unofficial Patches)

Non-Essential Children

*Climates of Tamriel

*Climates of Tamriel - Dragonborn

*Climates of Tamriel - Dawnguard

*A Matter of Time

*Quality World Map

Categorized Favorites Menu

*Immersive Hud

SkyUI

RaceMenu

*Memory Blocks Log

*Pure Waters

Fall of the Space Core

Barenziah Quest Markers (Steam Workshop Edition)

SKSE

SSME

All the Unofficial Patches (Manually installed instead of via NMM)

I also had the Silmeri and Infinity Sword mods installed, but removed them since I was not using those weapons. I had Insanity's Goldbrand and Umbra installed as well, but removed them because I didn't want to go hunting them down, and had better weapons at that point. I'm not sure what other information you folks need.

Having Uninstalled any mod during a play-thru is not good in the game of Skyrim...but you can try....

i will figure you have SKSE. Create a file called "skse.ini" place it in the SKSE folder. Copy this into the file and save.

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

This is a link to a thread that has this info and more if this was not clear.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1013236-skse-clearinvalidregistrations-ini-file-question/

Granted this is not a instant fix you have to play and it works over time...

Thanks for that. (Was offline all weekend, Sorry for late reply,) Will attempt that this week.

As for uninstalling, I usually follow the mod creator's instructions. But a few mods did weird stuff. Some of the other ones I just never used after looking at them. Hopefully this will clear my problems, and lower the file size. 17-18K is just way too big.

Edited by FMPhoenixHawk

Okay, update. I put in the new file for SKSE, and I got a quick stream of alerts, telling me I got Auriel's Bow, and learned three words of power, and had some arrows. It also unlocked the Oblivion Walker achievement that was stuck for me. The game ran okay for a bit, then crashed. So I restarted, ran for a bit more, and it crashed again. I looked at the Memory Blocks Log report and I'm not hitting the memory limit (Block 1, set at 512 shows it died at 255. Block 2 never got about 111.) I am unsure as to what else is going on here. I will try running the save editor next, but I'm nor sure what else to do here.

EDIT: Ran with the save editor, found a lot of orphaned scripts from the Bathing Beauties mod that I had run for a bit. Now, latency is down to about 1800 ms. But the game still crashes. I wonder if it's just my computer. I was considering having a gaming login, but I think most of the services would still be running. I know my antivirus, firewall, and a few other security programs would still be running. So, I'm not sure what else to do but start pulling mods, or just surrender completely to never finishing the game.

Edited by FMPhoenixHawk

Okay, after trying a few things, I removed all save games, and started a new game. After a CTD in creation, I managed to get going for about 3 hours. I removed UFO. Major lag at creation, I think because of the Enhanced Color Sliders. Game can run for 3 hours, crashes. Latency is down to about 150 ms. I am not hitting the memory cap. So either one of the mods I'm still using is causing a problem, or something running on my computer. I have only 2.8 GB of my 4 GB available, thanks to 32bit OS and older computer not liking things. I may install on the lappy and see if that will work, but I think I'll just have to either figure out which mod is causing the problems or create a minimalist profile to play under. Any other help anyone can give will be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...