Odd 5 second freeze with music change.

Deepblue321

Was the graphic card upgrade before or after the last time you installed Oblivion?

If it was after the last time Oblivion was installed you could try renaming your Oblivion.ini (found in Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Oblivion for Win 8, Win 7 or Vista or in Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion for WinXP ... NOT Oblivion_default.ini found in your game's Oblivion folder). Rename it Oblivionini.old (ignore the squawk from Windows about renaming a file extension) and then restart the game. It will build a new Oblivion.ini after redetecting your current hardware. If it works use the renamed Oblivionini.old to transfer any tweaks you may have made over to the new Oblivion.ini ... otherwise if it doesn't make any difference just delete the new Oblivion.ini and rename your Oblivionini.old back.

Depends on the type of sound card you have installed. Creative Sound Blaster cards will have an applet running in the task bar for instance, and one of the options panels will allow you to turn effects like opera hall and amphitheater on and off (or turn EAX effects off completely).

What type of sound card/on-board sound are you running?

I don't think any new codecs were installed. I have no idea what they are anyway.

I always use Nvidia cards and I upgraded to a GeForce GTX 680 after my last one died. (Can't remember what the last one was)

Driver version is 334.89

Edited by Deepblue321

• 3 weeks later...

The game is still causing a 5 second freeze upon music change/start

Removing the Oblivion.ini (the one you're allowed to remove, don't worry) and letting the game auto-detect my vidcard doesn't change a thing besides resetting the graphics options.

Edited by Deepblue321