Fallout 3: Diary of the Dead

species5478

Aeryn333

Posted Oct 31 2009, 08:52 AM

Eh nice touch blame the wine, for your 'delicate part of the imagination" I'll let you get away with that one, for now.. :biggrin:

Eh...stretching it out are we..now of course you don't die, right rigth!!!! So I am not worried, but good one...some nice twist you add for sure....more.... :thumbsup:

Thank you Crone Goddess. As far as life and death is concerned, all of my characters are expendable. I try to let the story tell itself without the interference of main characters having to live no matter what. Of course, that means main characters may live, or die. :whistling: Whatever will happen next?

Herculine Posted Oct 31 2009, 10:15 AM Yes... plot twists. I love a convoluted story! Keep up the wonderful work!

Thank you Little Fairy! Your enjoyment is my goal.

Maharg67 Posted Oct 31 2009, 11:53 AM

Very excellent!!!

Looking forward to reading more of your story as it unfolds, Species5478!

Your work is also impressive. I'm glad that you've taken time to read my Diary, your opinion is greatly appreciated!

gormonkPosted Nov 3 2009, 10:26 AM once again another wonderfull entry.btw the alter isn't wear uthink it is, you have to dive...

Hmmm...so is the altar inside one of the Oblivion gates? When I jumped back into Oblivion, I forgot how big it was! I'm I on the right track? Either way, I'm intrigued that you have such an eye for detail.

dezdimona Posted Nov 3 2009, 08:51 PM

transitive verb

1 : to make different without changing into something else

????

Gormonk's post refers to a sacrificial altar that I described in one of my previous chapters. He says the altar that I described in Fallout 3, was in Oblivion as well. I bet you probably know where...you're like the resident expert on all things Oblivion!

Retribution Posted Yesterday, 10:55 PM This story is great, I wish there was more Fallout fan-fiction. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the compliment. I hope you come back for more. I'd like to post a new entry ever week. And I'm open to suggestions. What do you mean by fan-fiction? Stuff from previous Fallout games?

Dear friends, thank you for leaving comments! And I apologize for not replying sooner. I've been climbing cliffs again, literally. The next entry is due Saturday.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean fan-fiction as stories that fans write about Fallout games, or the Fallout universe.

I understand now...I can be so slow at times! I agree. The Fallout universe is an intriguing one. At first, I continued to absorb my senses within the realm of Oblivion even after purchasing Fallout. Modders drew me back and I remained ever since. It incorporates the type of genre that could easily be made into a movie. I wish I knew how to mod but since I can't, I write to contribute to the community.

Continued

Instead of gunning for me or my platoon, Eulogy's entire team began firing down the road and at first, I wasn't sure why. But when I saw it, I understood the fresh coat of fear painting everyone's face.

It was a beast that seemed evoked from the bowls of Hell. This creature's head resembled pictures of ancient Roman demons that I use to read about in Vault 101's library. Two devilish horns reached forward from its skull while rows of serrated teeth lined its crocodilian mouth. A thrashing tail whipped back and forth as it lumbered forward with bipedal strides but its enormous hands appeared the most threatening, as they were tipped with dagger-length nails. Even its webbed feet were clawed. The beast howled with such unbridled rage that its very breath seemed capable of scorching one's face with fright. The rampaging animal stood tall as it punctured one of the Slavers with its claw, before lifting the screaming man skyward with a single arm. I noticed a pumping heart, three broken ribs, and a torn lung ripped from the man's body and impaled on the beast's fingertips. Two of Eulogy's men filled the crazed animal with slugs after it tossed the dead Slaver aside. There was a moment when I thought the beast incapable of dying. It ran headlong into the flowing river of bullets and eventually died in a forward lunge.

"Deathclaws!" Endo screamed at the top of his lungs. He turned rearward and aimed towards a second beast when it crested the small hill flanking our position. Several men joined Endo and fired at the deranged creature until it fell lifelessly to the ground. I re-focused the second half of my platoon towards a third group of Deathclaws as they tried flanking our position and opened fire. My ears rung. Shells rattled to the ground. We managed to kill two of the reptilian beasts but not before the second Deathclaw lunged forward, and beheaded my best grenadier. His screaming head went flying as it twirled through the air and smashed into the billboard. One of the freed men retched and before everyone could unravel I quickly focused my men.

"Shell formation! Now!" When my soldiers pressed into an oval configuration, the freed men instinctively followed suit by joining the ranks. I wondered briefly if any of these men were prior military but was distracted by the surrounding chaos. I noticed Eulogy and his men retreating into their fortified camp from the corner of my eye, and knew it was only a matter of time before the entire Deathclaw brood was upon us. Our armament was limited, with ammo lingering somewhere between low and non-existent. There was an abandoned building across the street and I knew if we didn't get inside soon, we were dead. "Open fire! Full spread!" I yelled grabbing the fallen soldier's grenade launcher. My men didn't hesitate to fire their weapons as I launched a grenade at the building's boarded up door. The explosive not only blew the door apart but created a fracture in the building's side. I didn't wait for the debris to settle and immediately rallied everyone with a circular wave of my weapon. "Let's go! Move it! This way! Go go go go go!" I filled my empty hand with my trusty revolver but as everyone fell back, Endo remained by my side. "Get into the building!"

"You first!" He said stubbornly, still firing his assault rifle. We stepped back side by side as a swarm of Deathclaws emerged from all directions. I fired a grenade into the largest group and awed myself with an explosive display of cascading blood and body parts. Endo needed and entire clip to level a howling Deathclaw ten feet away and as he reloaded, I exterminated two more with a well placed grenade round. I could feel the launcher getting lighter as we eased into the building and fired one my last remaining grenades into the surging pack of hissing reptilian flesh directly ahead.

"Seal this opening!"

Everyone hustled to grab whatever they could and barred the crumbling entrance with the heaviest pieces of available furniture. The Deathclaws didn't seem to care. They banged against the barricade and clawed the walls in search for a way in.

"We need to hold out here! Reload your weapons and form a barricade on the opposite side of the room!"

"Listen you," Said one of the freed men. "If we don't get out of here right now, those Deathclaws are going to burst through that door and kill everybody! Do you understand? Everybody! This is a deathtrap!"

"You'll do as I say if you want to live!"

"You don't own me! I'm a free man now! I heard why you came to Paradise Falls! Looking for your daughter? We're all looking for somebody! How many more people have to die for your…"

I turned, kicked over a nearby chair, slammed my grenade launcher on the table, and then cocked my revolver. "You better choose your next words carefully!" The agitated man chewed his bottom lip and then looked away as I continued venting. "I'll do anything to get my daughter back! Do you understand! If any man has a problem with that," I said turning to face the remaining men. "Then speak!"

A deadening silence, interrupted only by the hissing of Deathclaws, filled the room. These men owed me everything, yet nothing at all. There was no such thing as favor for a favor here in the Wastes. As eyes began shifting from one person to the next, the largest of the freed slaves stood with his newly acquired Minigun and posed in the middle of the room. The weapon must have been lying around somewhere inside the building, and I wished I'd found it first. He was a hefty one. Bulbous shoulders, biceps like boulders and unlike me, able to wield the Minigun without the aid of power armor. Few men were his equal and when this man spoke, people listened.

"My name is Pompay. When the Slavers raided Big Town, they killed my wife, and both of my sons before capturing me. I did everything humanly possible to stop them but in the end I couldn't even kill myself when they slapped that slave collar on my neck. I did things in that camp that I never even conceived. I slept on a bed of maggots. Ate human flesh. I performed like a dog breeding on command, and was spit on, laughed at, threatened, and humiliated. We all were. I've watched every slave in this room teeter on the edge of insanity while inside Paradise Falls." He said looking sternly at the belligerent instigator. "We were all chained up like beasts! All of us were at the mercy of those sadistic animals! Some of us were killed for fun! Have you forgotten Jonathan already? Killed in a game of Russian roulette! Bet on as if he were a chicken in a cockfight! There was no escape! No hope! There was nothing but death! How could you forget? And then came Mr. Murder," Pompay stated loudly, turning in my direction. "I wish my family was alive." He said directly to me. "They're not and nothing I do can change that. But you might be a luckier man. I hope your little girl survived, because I'll do everything humanly possible to help you get her back."

Pompay strolled to my side, lifted the Minigun into the air, and then handed it to me. One by one, the remaining freed men stepped forward and cocked their weapons as he loaded the ammo cache onto my back. "We're with you," Pompay grinned, grabbing my discarded revolver. "We'll get on those defenses too."

I nodded approval as one of my soldiers emerged from the basement and waved to me. "This building has a sewer hatch in the basement. I can't get it open but…"

"Pompay…" I asked.

"Don't worry Mr. Murder I'll get it open, even if I have to rip the thing off its hinges with my bare hands!"

I turned towards the front door as more Deathclaws pounded our barricade. Their numbers were growing and began obscuring what few blades of light managed to seep through the boarded up windows. I nervously fingered the Minigun's trigger as Endo stepped to my side. After snatching up the grenade launcher he asked, "What now?"

"Eulogy said Marie was heading towards the Lincoln Memorial. Has anyone been there?"

"I have." Said one of the freed men.

"So have I." Exclaimed one of my original soldiers.

"Can we get there through the old subway system?"

"Sure can. But I don't know the way from here. I usually travel through the Metro."

Endo tapped his Pip-Boy. "If they're right, we might be able to get into there from the sewer line running beneath this building. This entire mall was originally designed with commuters in mind. I'm willing to bet there's some kind of access corridor leading to the Metro."

"But only if it connects to the southbound end," One of my soldiers added. "The Northbound is blocked with rubble. We might get down there and find ourselves trapped with nowhere to go."

Another man pointed to the ceiling. "They're on the roof!"

There wasn't time to give an order. A baby Deathclaw dropped through one of the many holes and landed right on a freed man. Its claws sunk deep into his chest and as the screaming guy stumbled backward, two more Deathclaws dropped into the room and began ripping his stomach and thighs apart. One of my soldiers missed when he tried to shoot one of the reptilian beasts, and accidentally killed the fallen man. With him dead, the others didn't waste time showering the three Deathclaws with bullets.

Crash!

Everyone turned when an adult Deathclaw burst through the fractured wall screeching for flesh. Before it could make a second step my weapon was raised, the trigger pulled, and the Deathclaw was shredded with a wave of 10mm rounds. I'd never seen these beasts before, but I heard the tales. Adult Deathclaws were rumored to be some of the most fearsome animals in the Wastes because their senses were attuned to the scent of human blood. They preferred living prey and once a source was found, their hunger for flesh could only be sated with a quick death.

"Let's go!" I ordered over the whirling bullets. "Into the basement! It's our only escape!"

Deathclaws tried barreling through the fractured wall but I held the Minigun steady and let the bullets fly. One, two, three Deathclaws were ripped apart within a matter of seconds yet more advanced. They climbed over the pile of reptilian remains as if possessed by a Satanic force and sprinted forward while smoke trickled upward from my overheating barrel. I didn't relent and used the streaming wave of bullets as if wielding a massive sword; slicing through limbs and entire abdomens with a single horizontal sway. Four, five, six, seven Deathclaws met their end at my hands and still more came.

"Jacob!" Endo yelled. He pointed to the ceiling with his launcher and I didn't hesitate giving him the go ahead.

"Do it!"

We backed into the adjoined room as Endo fired his final grenade at the weakest section of ceiling. The entire building seemed to shudder as the supporting beams cracked under the crumbling ceiling's weight.

"Move it!"

There was barely a moment to spare. We ran down the narrow hallway towards stairs on the far end as debris rained down like meteors. I could hear entire sections collapsing behind us and was gripped with a swell of terror. I gasped from the thought of being trapped beneath rubble; and prayed that my un-helmeted head were crushed first if such a thing happened. Encased in armor, I'd survive the collapse only to die a slow and agonizing death as I withered away beneath the immovable blocks of stone. But the fates were kind that day. We stumbled into the stairway, tripped over each other, and tumbled to the lower level as the hallway was sealed behind us. I couldn't see through the clouds of dust and had to follow the sound of Endo's cough in order to find him.

"Are you ok?"

"Think so. But my shoulder hurts."

We both looked up as Carlson stepped forward with an extended hand. "The hatch is open. We should get out of here before the entire building comes crashing down."

"Agreed. Now get your thing out my face!"

I pushed myself up, followed Carlson down the hatch, and into a large maintenance facility. Everyone was waiting to see I'd survived and was relieved when I jumped into view with Endo. "Somebody get Carlson some clothes! And are any of you doctors?"

"I am." Answered one of the freed men.

"Tend to Endo's shoulder. We're going to rest here for one hour, and then we're moving out. I want to reach the Lincoln Memorial by midnight."

"Not so fast," Said a mysterious voice from the rafters above. I looked up, and saw a legion of robed men armed with a sophisticated array of weaponry. "You've entered unholy ground. This is our sanctuary, and portal to Camoran's Paradise. Now that you've defiled this place, you must give us a human sacrifice on behalf of Mehrunes Dagon if you wish to gain passage into the sewers."

"Who the Hell are you?"

"I am Sindis Codiantus. Leader of the Mythic Dawn."

I started to reach for my weapon, but paused when something caught my attention. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me but there was no mistaking what I saw. Huddled amongst the blood red robes, and staring at me with her mother's eyes, was Marie.

OMG!!! Marie in the mithick dawn how the f*** did that happen??

damm deathclaws they look to much like hydras off starcraft but the best way to kill'em is wth a mini-nuke

Yup. Marie's running with the Mythic Dawn. Crazy, huh? The reason may not be what you expect. (or maybe it will...)