BABE,Exnem,TYPE 3,TYPE V,....Which one is the best?

Erikdeda1

I find that people who use insults are the ones who have growing up to do. :down:

I chose Type 3 and Type V because they best fit what I think an actual wastelander would look like. BABE isn't even close to realistic.

Whom did I insult? Maybe my posting was a little "from the hip" but in my opinion most of those body replacers focus to much on tits and crotch and fail terribly regarding the shoulders.

B.A.B.E is different as it is a quite realistic representation of the female body as a whole (tits could be smaller).

So you think an actual wastelander would look like Pamela Anderson with shoulder dysplasia? OK...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallout 3 Omni-Bod Engine (a proposed project)

Um? Forgive a noob for asking possibly a stupid question...

Fallout3 uses & supports Nif meshes for faces that are modified by data files (egm, egt & tri I think) to achieve specific, unique facial geometries for any character or NPC, that are already fully rigged & capable of preforming animations. So, technically ANY rigged mesh can be thus deformed in a similar way, having it's geometry "saved" AND still fully capable of animations.

So the question is: Has anyone thought of applying the same technique to the body mesh?

By this I mean creating & rigging a detailed "base" body mesh, possibly an "average" of the best existing static meshes out there, apply the deformations & constraints (the egm, egt & tri files I presume), scripting the body customization into the race menu with all the deformation sliders, set up several average to attractive presets (possibly including presets that conform as closely as possible to the body types that inspired this idea in the first place (Babe, Exnem, Type3, TypeV etc...), even set scale sliders for each axis for further variety. All so that anyone can play with precisely what they want & modders can use the tools to apply a great variety to their mod cast.

Of course this would mean that all the armor, clothing & equipment would have to be similarly rigged (with deformations & constraints) so that they would all fit correctly. This would possibly make a lot of the fantastic clothing, gear already available incompatible. But on the plus side ANY gear or outfits modified for this new standard would fit correctly ANY body & once the existing outfits & gear out there are modified with the appropriate deformations & constraints the results could be endless. This is possible, there are examples of face head accessories out there that make use of these deformations in assigning the coordinates of their parts (some of the facial piercings are the best examples. So that's the source of this line of thinking: If faces & piercings, then why not bodies & gear?

I have ALWAYS been totally dissapointed with the lack of customizability in videogames until Oblivion & now especially Fallout 3. Even their vanilla versions fell far short of my "ultimate" ideal, but I saw instantly the skeleton, the game beneath the game that to my eyes held limitless potential. The AWESOME mod work already done has only scratched the surface & shows a glimpse of Bethesda's masterpiece that lays dormant & sleeping in the under layers of the game we already enjoy. I simply want to wake it up a little.

Now if anyone has already thought of this & or are already working on something like this, please let me know as I would love to be a part of it's development. Or if anyone knows of detailed SPECIFIC reasons why this is impossible contact me, because I fully intend to set out to make it happen. So far I have been unable to find a topic similar to this in searching discussion strings & I hope I'm placing this in the appropriate topic strands. All I've been able to find is that it's hard, difficult & wold take too much time as arguments against attempting something like this. That's all I need to make me want to try.

Now, I realize this would Involve a LOT of work & talent, talent I have & I think the work would be worth it. The things I lack are experience & scripting ability. I am totally new to modding Fallout 3 & the tools available to do it (GECK, FO3Edit, NifSkope etc.) so any advice, hints, tips, links that would help me work with these tools would be greatly appreciated. I am almost totally useless with scripting (I know just enough to break things) so any help or assistance is respectfully requested. I am a very talented 2D/texture artist (I Can make software like GIMP & Photoshop do backflips & handstands) that is picking up modeling, rigging & animation very quickly (I can get around Blender fairly well & should have it mastered in a month or two). I hope to get a great deal of help & or support from Fallout Gamers & Modders (especially those who have built all the fantastic body replacer & gear mods that already exist. Whom I hope will support my effort to make their work interchangeable & more widely available)

So, if you have any advice & or tips, want to help or simply want to support a project like this pleas message me & let me know. In short I'd like to start a project/standard that would in turn host/support sub projects & mods compatable with it, with the sole purpose of allowing players/modders more freedom & versatility in their own creation processes

Also in a related topic, has anyone tried applying Tattoo & or scar textures as alpha channels (as seen in GTA SanAndreas), does the Fallout engine support alphas layered on top of the skin texture & if so how many (any reasons why this isn't practical let me know). This alone could multiply player customization manyfold.

Thanks D-Voxx

Whom did I insult? Maybe my posting was a little "from the hip" but in my opinion most of those body replacers focus to much on tits and crotch and fail terribly regarding the shoulders.

B.A.B.E is different as it is a quite realistic representation of the female body as a whole (tits could be smaller).

So you think an actual wastelander would look like Pamela Anderson with shoulder dysplasia? OK...

I'm not going to argue about what is realistic or not. I'm completely at peace with my decision. I can't force you to share my opinion, and you would be wise to not attempt to force your opinions on others.

And your attitude was insulting. Clearly, you were trying to denigrate us all as mindless hedonists. You should have a little more faith in your fellow modders here. :rolleyes:

hubba12:

As a woman, it's insulting when men modelers try to de-feminize the female body by cutting off our breasts. Women do come in all sizes, and our breasts are one of our assets that set us apart from males.

And for the record, the size of my breasts have nothing to do with Sex. I'm certain I'm a grownup, son. I'm not so sure about you, with your choice of nickname.

Furthermore, the extent of misogyny in society I find utterly disturbing, from both males and females, the hatred for the feminine body and for women generally, against the idealization of males, really plays out vividly in the modding community. In my nearly 47 years one thing I've noticed, is that men who really love women, love everything about them including their curves.

After trying them in-game, it all comes down to personal preference really. For compatibility, Type3 (or V) work best, though BABE armors, etc. will work with Type3. The others get into some alpha channel changes that make them incompatible with the others, I think. As for the shoulders issue, I read on one of them (Dim, I think), that redoing the shoulders was very difficult to do.

I ultimately used Type3 HD (along with the photo-realistic skin texture add-on) along with Breeze's male replacer (which is based off of Robert's from Oblivion).

When combined with other mods that add hair/eyes (such as Ling's C&C), you have endless variety in your character creations (with a little patch work with FO3Edit).

in my opinion most of those body replacers focus to much on tits and crotch and fail terribly regarding the shoulders.

Since you stress B. A. B. E. as a better imagine source, would you mind posting a link to it?

I typed B. A. B. E. into the search bar and got nothing.

That's interesting you mention a face with such clarity as if it were possible all the artist's are all infatuated with Mrs. "whatever her last name now" I did not see the resemblance even in a couple of pictures I have seen.

In my nearly 47 years one thing I've noticed, is that men who really love women, love everything about them including their curves.

When it comes to my admiration of women I have been an avid size, "does not matter" man since I learned how to guess a woman's cup and bra size's, waist, and hips in near fractions to content my lonely teen age pals, and I, during our lonely single life existence.

I won allot of bets that helped pay my respects to woman on those dark nights on the streets watching the crowd go by. I remember the first time I nervously approached the first gal who my friends challenged me to confront to ask to prove me correct or incorrect.

She was happy to oblige my innocence. And I found woman more cordial after I lost my virginity. No I did not loose that virgin part with her. Unfortunately!

One thing that gets my attention is your picture, on your post. The girl resembling that oat's cereal companies more scantilly style of dress with the red hair has blue eyes. Are her eyes that color in contrast with you in reality or a tribute to ole blue eye's "Frank Sinatra"?

Because I can almost imagine her with green eyes.

In my nearly 47 years one thing I've noticed, is that men who really love women, love everything about them including their curves.

When it comes to my admiration of women I have been an avid size, "does not matter" man since I learned how to guess a woman's cup and bra size's, waist, and hips in near fractions to content my lonely teen age pals, and I, during our lonely single life existence.

I won allot of bets that helped pay my respects to woman on those dark nights on the streets watching the crowd go by. I remember the first time I nervously approached the first gal who my friends challenged me to confront to ask to prove me correct or incorrect.

She was happy to oblige my innocence. And I found woman more cordial after I lost my virginity. No I did not loose that virgin part with her. Unfortunately!

One thing that gets my attention is your picture, on your post. The girl resembling that oat's cereal companies more scantilly style of dress with the red hair has blue eyes. Are her eyes that color in contrast with you in reality or a tribute to ole blue eye's "Frank Sinatra"?

Because I can almost imagine her with green eyes.

I'm sorry, What?

hubba12:

... I'm certain I'm a grownup, son. I'm not so sure about you, with your choice of nickname. ...

I was born in the year '67.

Start => Run => Calc.exe

At your age you should know that nicknames mean nothing.

... As a woman, it's insulting when men modelers try to de-feminize the female body by cutting off our breasts. ...

Never noticed any de-feminizing mods with cut-off breasts here.

... Women do come in all sizes, and our breasts are one of our assets that set us apart from males. ...

Yep, that's right. No doubt 'bout that.

... And for the record, the size of my breasts have nothing to do with Sex. ...

Well, I'm not familiar with the size of your breasts, but I prefer the "Ali Larter" - type. That's why I'm happy with my wife.

... Clearly, you were trying to denigrate us all as mindless hedonists. ...

No. I clearly did not.

When it comes to body replacers I think they should have an average breast size or, even better, the median (stat.).

But what's more important to me is the overall picture including the shoulders and that is where BABE succeeds IMHO.

Almost every body-mod on this page is a work of art in itself, but the person who started this thread did ask for personal opinions. Didn't he?

I'm sorry, What?

In answer to part one, "I am sorry," I like green eyes, since I have two of them. I think witches should all have green eyes too.

You are clearly not a Halloween buff, I see.

In answer to part two , "What?"

Oh! Have I worded the sentences in a way that I have stepped upon your emotions?

If so, Please forgive my own brutal behavior!

Farewell