[Suggestion] Upload for Files which are supported by mutliple games

deedes

I know it is pretty rare that a mod is released for multiple games as the files are not compatible (exceptions may come with Fallout 3/Fallout NV),

but things like tools are sometimes made for multiple games (In my case the .tri file import / export tool can work for Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV and Skyrim).

Would it be hard to implement an option to "tag" the file and it's page for multiple games, so that mods and tools could be uploaded and updated easily without opening several file pages (one for each game)?

Edited by deedes

I suppose one solution would be to take advantage of Nexus' new ability to host mod files for any game. There could be a "game" name created specifically for multi-game utilities. Shoot, "Multi-game Utilities" would be a good choice. The only downside is that unless users knew to look there, they would not find the utilities within their respective games. Perhaps maybe it could be part of the solution? The second part would be tags assigned to the utility file that indicate what games it supports, then when the user performs a file search those utility files with the current game's tag would be included.

There is my outside the box thinking for the day... :P